About the role
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for TFH staff, education programs, and execution of its mission. The CEO will work in partnership and consultation with the National Director & Founder, Rabbi Zalman Kastel AM. Zalman also reports directly to the Board – on matters of ethos, philosophy and values of the organisation. The CEO will cultivate and support new and existing relationships with public and private funders.
Experience, knowledge & skills
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a strong cultural fit, putting people first, consultative and seeks to build consensus, egalitarian, open and consultative and an inclination to celebration of diversity of perspectives and passion for bringing people together.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Unwavering commitment to quality education programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability in organisational leadership and management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Track record of effectively scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organisation and staff regionally and/or nationally; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalised strategies that have taken an organisation to the next stage of growth
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing Board member relationships
- Strong public relations, and fundraising experience and a sophisticated level ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and culture
About the organisation
Together For Humanity (TFH) is an inclusive educational organisation that works with school communities to foster intercultural understanding and help students learn how to deal with differences. They stand for acceptance of every person regardless of ethnicity or faith.
Working in partnership with over 100 schools, TFH offers a range of face-to-face and online programs linked to the Australian curriculum that help cultivate greater connection and inclusion among students, as well as Professional Development courses for teachers. The work they do with school communities contributes towards a more socially cohesive Australian society.
Mission - Together For Humanity fosters school students’ interfaith and intercultural understanding and, in doing so, brings communities together.
Purpose - To equip people with the knowledge and skills to respectfully navigate diversity and cultivate a stronger sense of belonging together, to bring together diverse communities in a spirit of solidarity and goodwill, thereby giving rise to a more cohesive Australia.
How to apply
People for Purpose are partnering with Together for Humanity to lead the search for this role.
We invite you to read the position description located on the People for Purpose Website under Executive Search at www.peopleforpurpose.com.au and to review Together for Humanity’s website at www.togetherforhumanity.org.au.
Once you have absorbed this information and done your own research, if you have specific questions, please call us on 0468 625 252 or email email@example.com
To apply, as well as your CV, you must submit a cover letter outlining why you are interested in representing Together for Humanity and how your skills and experience align to this opportunity.
Applications close 5pm on Sunday, 24 October 2021
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer : Together for Humanity via Pro Bono Australia.