About the role
- Join a rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation committed to social justice
- Competitive remuneration Package
- Access to Salary Packaging benefits
- Generous motor vehicle allowance in addition to base rate of pay
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Full Time – Fixed Term (ending 4/11/22)
- Based in Ascot Vale (VIC) – Currently working remotely due to COVID-19
Your new role
Due to recent funding success, an opportunity exists for a motivated and experienced Client sided Project Manager (Construction) to join our tight-knit Property Services Team on a Full Time – Fixed Term basis ending 4th November 2022. Reporting to the Property Services Manager, you will oversee and coordinate the refurbishment program to rejuvenate nominated assets & spaces at a number of our Melbourne based Aged Care sites.
You will play a leading role in all aspects of Project Management, including the development of the client brief(s), appoint & manage the design team including their deliverables, assist with procurement, pre, during & post construction.
Your duties and responsibilities will also include (but are not limited to):
- Providing technical, design and project management assistance at the direction of the Asset & Property Services Manager.
- Independently managing upgrade / construction projects in accordance with industry established best practice.
- Taking the lead project management role in any internally managed/contracted construction projects, including acting as contract superintendent.
- Providing expert project management & project delivery advice / outcomes on projects to be undertaken by the organisation.
- Engage in positive health & safety outcomes.
- You hold a tertiary or post-graduate qualification in construction management, project management (Construction), or building surveying.
- Proven experience with providing solid technical, design, project management and project delivery advice.
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to prioritise duties, work independently and flexibly and meet demanding timelines.
- Ability to liaise and manage stakeholders relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills .
- A commitment to continuous improvement.
- A commitment to social justice.
- A current drivers licence (mandatory)
Wintringham’s response to COVID-19
Client and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. For our office-based staff, we have put in flexible Work From Home arrangements in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer. We have strict COVID-19 policies and procedures to ensure that our staff as well as our clients are kept safe.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer. Everyone has a right to feel welcome, respected and valued. The safety of all older people is paramount; we have zero tolerance for family violence including elder abuse.
Wintringham proudly acknowledges Australia’s First Peoples as the Traditional Owners and Custodians of Country. We pay respect to all Aboriginal Elders past, present and emerging.
Inclusion makes our community and Wintringham stronger.
About the organisation
Wintringham is a not-for-profit organisation providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to men and women aged 50-plus who have been homeless or at risk of homelessness. We employ over 830 staff and operate from multiple sites across Melbourne, regional Victoria and Tasmania. Wintringham aims to provide residents with the ability to maintain their chosen lifestyles, traditions and activities and to be as independent as they choose to be.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Client Side Project Manager (Construction – Refurbishment) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing