About the role
- Based in Ashfield with opportunity to work from home/remotely
- 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
ABOUT COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Overarching all SSI programs is the fundamental objective to support and build the capacity of individuals and families to participate, contribute and connect to one another in our Australian society. The Community Engagement team works diligently to create the pathways that allow people to prosper and make communities stronger.
The Community Engagement Practitioner is responsible for planning and delivering community engagement initiatives that promote the participation of community in SSI’s work. The position is also responsible for managing relationships with community partners, sector stakeholders, volunteers, community groups and leaders.
- Plan, manage and monitor SSI’s Welcome Project coordinating its expansion.
- Develop and implement community engagement strategies and plans to assist SSI programs as required.
- Coordinate, implement and monitor community engagement activities and tools to engage a wide array of community and internal and external stakeholders.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with community representatives, internal and external stakeholders to support the delivery of all community engagement activities, and identify opportunities to establish, foster and maintain relationships with community and stakeholders.
- Respond to emerging and urgent community engagement related matters as required by managers.
- Support ad hoc projects that emerge from dynamic ongoing community engagement work as required by managers
Other duties as directed from time to time within your skills range and capacity.
- Relevant tertiary qualification or industry experience.
- Experience working with people and communities of a culturally and linguistically diverse background.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in applying community engagement theory and practice
- Familiarity with community and sector stakeholders.
- Experience in project management and engagement strategies.
- Experience coordinating multiple projects.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry-leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs, three days of culture and well-being leave
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
- Opportunity to work in multiple offices across Sydney
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with children and young people as well as people with refugee and asylum-seeking background, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, people with disability and more to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality.
How to apply
At SSI we have a zero-tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child-safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists will guide you through our process and next steps.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment or want to update your preferred method of communication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander viewers are warned that the following video may contain images and footage of deceased persons – viewer discretion is advised.
Please quote in application: Community Engagement Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Families, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development