About the role
Full Time Permanent Position
Salary $93,835 per annum (Salary Negotiable) + 10% Super + RDO
Help build an empowered, inclusive and proud community by supporting them to access and navigate Council’s grants and awards opportunities.
This role works closely with diverse community groups, residents, third party funders, assessment panels and several areas of Council to effectively manage the Community Grants and Community Achievement Awards programs.
Reporting to the Coordinator Community Capacity, this role is pivotal to the organisation and the life of the Melton community.
- Provide specialist advice and administer Council’s Community Grants Program and Third Party Funding Programs, including application, assessment, acquittal and reporting processes.
- Deliver Council’s Community Achievement Awards Program.
- Deliver celebration events for grants and award recipients.
- Provide advice, support and training to a range of stakeholders.
- Promote civic engagement opportunities and represent Council on committees and public meetings.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- A tertiary qualification in community development, business administration or a related discipline with substantial relevant experience.
- Ability to maintain high level accuracy whilst working under pressure, juggling competing priorities and multiple requests to meet deadlines.
- A comprehensive knowledge of best practice grants management and relevant governance and administration procedures for grants and/or awards programs.
- An understanding of local government grant making and its role in community development and capacity building.
- Exceptional written and oral communication and relationship management skills to engage effectively with a range of diverse stakeholders.
About the organisation
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a place where everyone belongs. Our community is vibrant and diverse and one of the fastest developing in Australia. Our organisation strives to provide our community with state of the art, excellent amenity, health and wellbeing and to support our community to be a lifelong learning city. We invest in innovation and our people’s professional and personal development. We offer generous leave and flexibility that best suits your lifestyle and a collaborative and inclusive culture. You’ll be able to work close to home and have new cafes and shops opening every day amongst the heritage buildings and open green spaces of one of Melbourne’s fastest growing municipalities.
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: “a thriving community where everyone belongs” and that means there’s a place here for you too. Our organisational values represent us as an established growth Council and the values are reflected in everything we do; our decision-making, our actions and our service provision to the community. Council has a diverse and vibrant organisation and we’d love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future.
We are Vibrant MELTON. Our values are:
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- 19 Day Month
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carer Leave
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity-staff-benefits.applynow.net.au/
How to apply
For further information about the position, please contact Dayane Mardesich, Coordinator Community Capacity on 0417 819 538.
Applications must include a Resume and address the Key Selection Criteria outlining your suitability to the role.
We encourage you use the STAR approach when writing your responses to the selection criteria.
Situation (Task) – provide a brief outline of the situation or task?
Action – what did you do in response to the situation or task?
Result – what was the result of your action?
Key Selection Criteria outline the most important knowledge, skills, behaviours and experience needed to perform the role. The criteria may include technical knowledge and experience, as well as interpersonal skills, and tend to be specific to the role’s specialisation and industry.
To address the Key Selection Criteria you will need to write short statements explaining how you meet the criteria, or how you demonstrate the capability. We encourage you to keep your responses concise.
Applications submitted via email, after the closing date and/or that do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
All successful applicants will need to undertake pre-employment requirements, dependent on the position.
To view Position Description and to apply, visit: https://meltoncity-vacancies.applynow.net.au/
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 29 October 2021
To be eligible for employment at Melton City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia.
At Melton City Council we care for our people, we’re committed to the professional growth of our employees and support balance and flexibility. If you want to work with talented, passionate people and build a thriving and vibrant community, we encourage you to apply. We strongly encourage job applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Melton City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation.
Please quote in application: Community Grants and Awards Officer via Pro Bono Australia.