About the role
Bring to life stories of impact from across the world to engage and inspire
Manage a skilled and experienced team
Drive the design and delivery of an audience-focused content strategy to amplify the brand and increase income in support of Caritas Australia’s activities. Work closely with our International Programs team to source stories and content to engage and inspire.
Let’s talk about you
You will thrive as the Content Lead if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field.
- Experience in content strategies that have enhanced fundraising income and raised brand awareness, across digital and non-digital platforms, preferably from the community services sector. Experience in the international aid and development sector will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated excellence in content development especially related to the International Development field, including video and editing skills, as well as strong writing and proof-reading skills.
- Proven track record in research, writing and editing for a variety of stakeholders and audience types to publication level.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in building trustful and positive working relationships with collaborative teams, including integrative cross-team environments.
- Extensive experience in concurrently managing projects, and business as usual activities.
- Willingness to be available to deal with the media and travel internationally at infrequent times.
Let’s talk about your next role
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Driving our brand awareness and inspiring supporters via the development and delivery of Caritas Australia’s content strategy.
- Leading a team to deliver engaging digital and non-digital content across newsletters, social media, digital and above the line advertising, video and email marketing.
- Working closely with our International Programs team (here and abroad) to source stories, information and data that communicate Caritas Australia’s impact.
- Supporting different departments and our program partners in building their communications capacity.
- Leading and mentoring Caritas Australia’s Content Marketing Team and managing the Content budget.
- Management of the production process, including sourcing and training overseas crews via online consultation.
- Planning and coordinating content collection and content calendar, including management of the organisation’s content library.
- Ensuring all content fulfils our compliance obligations.
- Making a difference in the lives of vulnerable people across the globe.
About Caritas Australia
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity.
Our programs promote the good of every person regardless of their religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
Sound like you?
That’s a good sign! In return for your energy and ideas, we offer genuine flexible work/life balance.
We always support a safe, healthy, engaging and productive working environment for all employees and workers, whether that be in your home, an office or a combination of both.
We are a not-for-profit, so we offer a range of benefits. You can find more out here: https://www.caritas.org.au/about/careers/work-with-us
Learn more about Caritas Australia, our work and how we’re making a difference at: https://www.caritas.org.au/
We welcome people with different skills, and life experiences and encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please submit your application including your cover letter and CV by 5 November 2021. We will be interviewing as applications come through, so please don’t delay in submitting yours. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact the People and Culture team on email@example.com
Our commitment to safeguarding
At Caritas Australia, we recognise the personal dignity and rights of all people, especially children and vulnerable adults towards whom we have a special responsibility. If you are offered this position, you will be required to undergo relevant background checks, including police checks and reference checks. If the position requires a Working with Children Check or foreign police check, it is your responsibility to obtain one before starting work. You will also be required to sign our Code of Conduct which includes a section on Professional Behaviour Standards for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults as well as to abide by our safeguarding policies.
Our commitment to diversity
At Caritas Australia, we support an inclusive and diverse workforce. In particular we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Content Lead via Pro Bono Australia.