About the role
We are Achieve Australia!
- Opportunities available for the maximum term and permanent – part-time roles
- SCHADS award Level 2 plus generous Salary packaging and benefits
- Base locations: The nature of this role is visiting clients in their homes. Our clients are located in the following locations: Ryde, Hornsby, Llandilo.
About the role:
At Achieve Australia we are wanting our community and lifestyle activities to set us apart from the rest, and be industry leaders when it comes to variety, skill development and levels of client engagement.
As a Support Worker, you will use your enthusiasm and experience to support independence for people with disabilities in all aspects of life. This support will be provided in our client’s homes or the community working 1:1 with clients and may include – but is not limited to – personal care, domestic and daily living support, budgeting, shopping, cooking, and community participation.
To be successful in this role you will be required to address the following selection criteria:
- Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting people with disability and their families.
- Certificate III in Disability or equivalent, or willingness to work towards same within a reasonable timeframe.
- Experience in working with and supporting individuals who have challenging behaviours and/or complex needs.
- Sound interpersonal, role modelling and customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve and adapt to changing environments.
- Current NSW Drivers’ License
Our benefits – Our employees are the champions of an inclusive world and in return we offer:
- Working as part of a team that makes a difference in people’s lives
- Access to Employee Assistance and Fitness Passport programs
- Supportive, friendly team environment and culture
Contact us if you have any questions about this position, would like to discuss any reasonable adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment process, or require an alternate method of submitting your application:
- Email email@example.com,
- Come online to talk with our staff via the Chatbot on our Careers page https://achieveaustralia.org.au/about-us/careers/
- Join one of our information sessions to get to know more about this role and our selection process: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/AA/s/ay13E/rb2oQ
Pre-employment checks: Achieve Australia is committed to implementing safer recruitment practices. This means we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support and staff are expected to share this commitment.
Candidates successful from the selection process will require to complete the following checks:
- Reference checks
- Police check (Please note criminal history does not immediately affect employment opportunities)
- NDIS WC
- First Aid Certificate
- Medical assessment
About the organisation
Achieve Australia has been providing services to people with disability since the 1950s. Today, we are a registered NDIS provider offering accommodation, community participation, supported employment and support coordination services in Greater Sydney and in Northern Rivers regions in NSW. We are driven by our Passion, Purpose and Principles:
- Our Passion is social inclusion for people with disability.
- Our Purpose is to build extraordinary lives, supporting people with disability to be well, have a home, choose a career, learn new skills, participate in their community and enjoy a full life.
- We live by our Principles of inclusiveness, stewardship, extraordinary outcomes and ethical practices.
How to apply
Apply online, upload an updated résumé, and answer application questions to demonstrate your suitability for the position.
Applications will be assessed on merit.
If this sounds like you and you want to make a difference in people’s lives, APPLY NOW!
We have a Covid-19 Safety Plan in place.
Please quote in application: Disability Support Worker - Community Participation via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities