About the role
- Permanent position, working full time hours, 35 hours per week
- Flexible working arrangements to support real-life balance (Hybrid Model)
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
The Advocacy, Research and Communications (ARC) team at SSI is a cross-functional team that spans communications, marketing, government relations and stakeholder and coordinates SSI’s campaigns and advocacy. This broad and multi-disciplinary team is responsible for bringing together and amplifying the voice of SSI and managing stakeholder engagement. The function is responsible for developing strategies to ensure the organisation is best able to leverage external opportunities, strengthen SSI’s position, and elevate the organisation’s brand and reputation in the community.
The purpose of this role is to assist with the organisation of internal and external events on behalf of the SSI Group and its programs. This role is responsible for the management and execution of the organisation’s sponsorships and partnership programs, as well as coordinating award entries.
The PR element to this role requires the specialist to identify and execute opportunities to support the promotion and publicity of the events, sponsorships and awards both to internal and external audiences including activation and public relations opportunities.
This role expects the specialist to manage national and interstate activities and will require some travel to Queensland and Victoria, including regional locations. Specific to this role will include:
- End-to-end development, curation and execution of events. This can include program launches, online panel discussions, VIP and Government visits, media announcements, arts festivals, exhibitions and showcases, dinners and conferences where SSI is the key sponsor, internal staff and corporate activities such as the AGM
- Development of a program of promotional and/or activation activity supporting the event initiatives. Often this will be done in conjunction with a communication or program team members’ support, but it is expected the events specialist will have had experience amplifying activities and programs and identifying opportunities to expand the awareness of an event and its objectives
- Working with other ARC and communication team specialists and briefing in the project which requires their subject matter expertise (i.e. Media relations, internal communication, case study development, government relations, digital and social team etc.)
- Coordinating event collateral including presentations, event invitations/reminders using digital tools such as Eventbrite, Facebook Events pages
- Managing and updating the SSI Event calendar and ensuring its socialisation with the organisation
- Setting in place a project plan including regular check-in and management of work in progress (WIP) is required
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- 5+ years in Events and/or Public Relations
- A degree in communications, event management or public relations
- Experience in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment such as consultancy
- Demonstrated experience building collaborative relationships with stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of seniority levels
- Superb time management and budget management expertise
- Can thrive under pressure
We seek an inquisitive lateral thinker with excellent problem-solving and organisational skills who would enjoy honing their career in a rich multi-cultural environment. Your end-to-end project management and planning skills will be a prerequisite to the success of this role coupled with strong computer literacy in Microsoft and database applications specifically with Salesforce.
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry-leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs, three days of culture and well-being leave
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI Group) is a community-based organisation and social business that supports newcomers and Australians to achieve their full potential. Taking an integrated approach to how everyone can thrive within the community in which they live and the wider Australian society, we support children, young people and families; people living with disability; and asylum seekers, refugees and migrants. Our programs include facilitating employment, multicultural foster care, creating community engagement, advocacy, and influencing government and international affairs and provide through leadership within our sector nationally and globally.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Events and Public Relations Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Support_Services, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development