About the role
We are looking for women that identify as living with a disability to join our casual consultation and training group in our Gender and Disability Workforce Development Program.
If you are passionate about women’s rights, disability rights and preventing violence and would like to utilise your lived experience to help make meaningful change in society, please consider this position.
The Gender and Disability Workforce Development Program aims to prevent violence against women with disabilities through a range of initiatives including;
- Strategically positioning women with disabilities experiences in the violence prevention sector
- Workforce development- training, consultation, and resource provision to the social service, local government and prevention sectors
- Cross sector collaboration- communities of practice, partnerships and networking opportunities
- Lived experience workforce development – employment, leadership, professional development, and consultation.
Please refer to the Position Description and Application form for further details.
Salary Range is $66,156 pro-rata, plus Superannuation.
Hours are Casual Hours which will be 3-4 hours every 4-6 every 4-6 weeks approximately 30-40 hours per year. All Experts by Experience meetings will be held in a minimum of 3-hour blocks.
This position is from the date of appointment to 30 June 2023 and may be extended subject to funding.
A police check will be required to undertake the duties in this position.
- We have a disability friendly work environment.
- We particularly encourage applications from women with disabilities, including those from diverse backgrounds, such as LGBTIQ+, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, CALD, migrant, and refugee backgrounds.
About the organisation
Women with Disabilities Victoria is a vibrant organisation of women with disabilities working for women with disabilities in Victoria.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Experts by Experience Advocate via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Disabilities, #Women