About the role
Fixed Term, Full Time until 30/6/2024
- Fantastic opportunity to play a pivotal role in strengthening parental connections and family relationships at a vibrant, agile agency
- Share your expertise in primary prevention services and bring your passion for assisting others to attaining better outcomes for their family
- Thomastown based (Wurundjeri Country)
About the role/opportunity
The primary purpose of the Family Engagement Worker is to provide primary prevention services, to resource parents, to strengthen parental connections and family relationships.
The main focus will be to undertake several activities including but not limited to engaging, assessing and providing effective family-based interventions, providing short term support to families, facilitating
workshops and group sessions, and resource development.
The Connect: Early Parenting Program enhances the capacity of parents and the developmental and social outcomes of their children through active and positive involvement by promoting an
strengthening healthy relationships.
The program has been designed to engage early with families who are attending a universal service and supports parents to find their own solutions to difficulties, preferably before they become entrenched and more difficult to resolve.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, Child and Family Social Welfare or related discipline is essential.
- Qualifications in Promoting First Relationships and Single Session Family Consultation are desirable. However, training will be provided.
- Direct experience in providing centre and home-based support to families.
- Experience in group work with a focus on primary prevention, early intervention and working with parents.
- Proven ability to implement community development activities to new parents with a primary prevention focus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in providing evidencedbased strategies and programs to postnatal parents in respect to their own emotional and relational health, in addition to the
emotional health of their baby.
- Excellent networking and relationship building ability with stakeholders, both internally and externally, in the interest of program development.
- Highly developed written, verbal & interpersonal, communication skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills. And the ability to work autonomously.
- A demonstrated robustness, resilience and self-awareness that supports independent practice under limited supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office and database systems to meet role requirements.
- Personal values aligned with Kids First Organisational values.
- Experience working with and knowledge of early years programs would be highly regarded.
As a member of the Kids First team you will:
- Be part of a collaborative and outcomes-focused culture of an independent, not-for-profit organisation that has a legacy of more than 120 years community service.
- Take home an attractive salary with the option to salary package to increase take-home pay.
- Be nurtured in your career, including professional development in specialist evidence-based models, such as Promoting First Relationships (PFR).
- Have access to flexible work options and our staff wellbeing program.
About the organisation
With a proud history and a progressive mindset, Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children and families in Melbourne. We are at the forefront of responding to
community needs and strengthening families so that children can thrive. Our programs are evidence-based and built on more than 120 years of service
How to apply
Hit Apply Now and submit your application to be considered
Only applications submitted via our website will be considered. Please include a Cover Letter outlining the position title and response addressing the selection criteria & a copy of the Curriculum Vitae which
must list two professional referees.
To view full Position Description or to apply, please visit the Kids First website at:
https://kidsfirst.recruitmenthub.com.au/Careers & enter ref code: 5679494.
Enquiries: Diana Piki - Team Leader - Infant and Family Services
Phone number: 0434 156 098
Kids First is an Equal Opportunity employer that respects and values diversity and inclusion.
Kids First welcomes everyone to apply, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, and physical ability.
Kids First is a Child Safe Organisation, employment is conditional on satisfactory referee
checks, a current Working with Children Check, National Criminal History check, proof of the right to work in Australia and a pre-employment medical (if applicable).
Please quote in application: Family Engagement Practitioner - Connect Program via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Support_Services, #Families, #Women