About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full Time, Maximum Term until 30 June 2027
- Port Phillip Prison, Truganina location
About the opportunity
This position plays a critical role in the provision of effective forensic AOD treatment through comprehensive assessments and treatment services using the Risk Need Responsivity Model; to reduce AOD related harms with a focus on the relationship between the prisoner’s substance use and offending behaviour; assisting prisoner to exit the prison system with the skills to assist them to live a substance and offence free life in the community.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification such as Provisional Psychologist, Psychologist with full registration, Social worker, Occupational Therapist and Psych Nurse.
- A minimum of 2 years of clinical work experience
- Experience working with Forensic AOD or dual diagnosis clients
- Knowledge of/understanding of the link between AOD use and offending
- Ability to liaise and effectively communicate with a wide manage of stakeholders including the ability to consult, liaise and negotiate with clients, carers, family members, general community and professionals
- Certificate IV in AOD or have completed the core competencies (or able to complete within the first 24 months of employment)
- Competencies in dual diagnosis (or able to complete within the first 24 months of employment)
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the following:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Monday 18 October 2021
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Lana Nguyen, Acting Group Manager – Specialist AOD Programs and Development on 0421 720 606
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Forensic AOD Clinician via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Education_and_Employment, #Education_and_Training, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Media, #Men, #Mental_Health, #Social_Enterprise, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People