About the role
General Manager People and Culture – Permanent Full Time Role
Location: Fairfield East
Woodville Alliance has an exciting opportunity in our leadership team for an experienced People and Culture (P&C) General Manager who has ultimate responsibility for: all WA People and Culture functions. The role oversees WHS including responsibility for workers compensation, risk management and overall safety. Additionally, the GM P&C provides industrial relations support and management, and polices and procedure implementation and execution. The role leads a supportive team and works very closely in partnership with the leadership team (LT). The successful candidate will be a highly proactive, supportive and inspirational leader who is focused on ensuring that the organisational response to People and Culture matters are effective and best practice. The role reports to the CEO and advises all LT and staff on People and Culture matters. A working knowledge of the non-for-profit sector is an advantage.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of all strategic P&C related activity for Woodville Alliance.
- Contributes to strategic planning as a member of the leadership team.
- Management of all P&C and WHS related polices and processes including quality.
- Ensure the P&C department meets the ISO and other governing bodies’ standards during accreditation.
- Provide systems and processes for all safety related matters including advice in relation to WHS matters.
- Manages the recruitment activity for staff roles, remuneration bench marking and succession planning and advising on complex staffing issues.
- Represents the organisation in all complex P&C / IR matters including grievances and external industrial relation matters.
- Proactive member of the LT. Strong leadership of the P&C team.
- Completed Degree level qualifications in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior P&C leadership capacity
- Extensive P&C and IR practicing knowledge particularly in an award-based organisation preferably from the NFP sector
- Extensive WHS management practice knowledge
- Staff management experience
- Demonstrated skills in mediation, negotiation, collaboration and problem solving
- Commitment to Social Justice principles
- Clear national police check and driver’s licence
About the organisation
Woodville Alliance (WA) is a not-for-profit community organisation based in Western Sydney and working primarily in Fairfield, Bankstown, Auburn and Liverpool. We have operated for over forty years and provide a broad range of children’s, family, youth, mental health, disability and early intervention services. Further details regarding our services can be found on our website: http://www.woodville.org.au/
Our organisational vision and mission focuses on social justice and working in partnership with our community. Our values include empowerment, empathy, compassion and innovation
How to apply
Please click apply to forward your letter of application addressing 1-5 of the essential criteria listed above (no more than 1.5 pages) and include your CV. Applications close 9:00am Monday 25th October. Address this to Tishia Boulton-Bell Human Resources and CEO Assistant. PH: 02 9722 5213.
Applications which do not address the essential criteria will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please quote in application: General Manager People and Culture via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Development, #Disabilities, #Families, #Mental_Health, #Youth_and_Young_People