About the role
- Fulltime Position
- Woolloomooloo Based (Working from home during COVID restrictions)
Due to organisational growth, the HR Coordinator role will commence as a stand-alone position providing advice and support to the executives and leadership team on all HR matters for the organisation. The position will receive administrative support from the operations administration officer as required.
Reporting directly to the CEO, your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Providing advice to the executive and leadership team on HR matters
- Implementing policies & procedures to support HR best practice
- Overseeing recruitment and retention strategies
- Management of employee relations matters through to successful conclusion, including performance management.
- Respond to inquiries relating to awards, remuneration, and benefits.
- Continuously focus on improving management capability.
- HR reporting and analysis.
- Administrative compliance with support from the Operations Administration Officer.
You are an experienced HR Professional looking for a unique role within a growing not-for-profit.
The successful candidate will be approachable, well organised and able to juggle multiple priorities and expectations.
You will have strong generalist HR experience and have the ability to work across all facets of HR including recruitment, performance management and compliance.
With an eye for detail, you will be well organised, approachable, and able to juggle multiple priorities and expectations.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience as a HR Coordinator or HR Generalist, ideally in a not-for-profit.
- Demonstrated experience managing a range of employee relations, including working with modern awards and resolving ER/IR issues.
- A collaborative approach and ability to work well with others.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Tertiary studies in Human Resources or related discipline.
As a NSW peak body, BEING is a unique not-for-profit who is focused on advocating for our members. Our culture ensures we foster collaborative and inclusive team approaches.
With a focus on our people, our team enjoy working here because we know how to have fun and work hard in equal measure. We keep each other going through any challenges and band together as a team to get the job done.
What you’ll get in return
- Work-life balance & flexibility
- Competitive base salary
- Work with a collaborative team who cares
- EAP services
- Modern terrace office location, with a lovely outdoor balcony for lunches and breaks
- Surrounded by public transport
- Working for a peak body who is making a difference
About the organisation
BEING - Mental Health Consumers Inc. (BEING) is the independent, NSW peak organisation speaking with and for people experiencing mental health issues. Our primary focus is to ensure the voices of people living with mental health issues are heard by decision makers, service providers, and the community, and have an opportunity to lead and influence systemic change in services and systems.
BEING is committed to human rights principles of diversity, inclusion, and equity and believes that recovery is possible for all.
How to apply
To be considered for this role Hit 'Apply Now' and submit your application!
BEING – Mental Health Consumers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means we apply affirmative action strategies to the employment of people with personal lived/living experience of mental health issues and encourage people living with mental health issues to apply and to be involved as employees of our organisation.
Please quote in application: HR Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Employment_Services, #Mental_Health