About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Part Time (60.8 hrs per fortnight), Max Term (until 30 April 2022)
About the opportunity
We are looking for a motivated Intake and Assessment Clinician to join our team at Preston. The role will act as a centralised function for all initial contact from clients within our service.
This position works within the catchment to ensure a consistent catchment wide response to clients requiring AOD treatment and support which includes screening and prioritising the urgency of those that present immediate risk to individuals, children and other family members.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant graduate qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Nursing or Allied Health Sciences.
- Certificate IV in AOD or have completed the core competencies (or able to complete within the first 12 months of employment).
- Sound knowledge and understanding of screening, assessment and community based treatment for all clients with AOD and mental health issues.
- Proven ability to work with a range of people and organisations (including specific work groups such as Aboriginal, CALD and Forensic clients) in a non-judgemental and respectful manner.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Tuesday 26 October 2021
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Keryn Ralph, Manager – Catchment Clinical Services on 0447 200 374
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Intake & Assessment Clinician via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Education_and_Employment, #Education_and_Training, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Media, #Men, #Mental_Health, #Social_Enterprise, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People