About the role
Reporting to the Practice Manager New Services, you will:
- Provide high quality and appropriate peer support to current and potential clients of RACR’s ACT Gambling Counselling and Support Service, which responds to their needs.
- Maintain and share knowledge of local services and referral options for clients.
- Contribute as may be needed to client groups in Gambling Support Services.
- Plan, develop, coordinate and implement community events, information campaigns and promotions and other initiatives using community development strategies to raise awareness of gambling related harm.
- Work in partnership with local community and networks to facilitate local participation and inspire community commitment to reducing gambling harm.
- Liaise and consult with communities to develop and deliver quality group and community education activities.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Tertiary qualification in Community Development, Human Services or a related field.
- Experience in Community Development.
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with service providers and community groups to discuss issues impacting communities.
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations targeted to the needs of a range of audiences.
For a full list of selection criteria, please refer to the position description found via www.racr.relationships.org.au/about-us/employment
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants are encouraged to apply.
This is a fixed-term, full-time position until 30 June 2022 – based in Deakin, ACT.
What you’ll get in return
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded not-for-profit, community-based organisation in a position where you will have the opportunity to continue to grow and develop your career. You will receive a generous package including professional development and NFP salary packaging. In this role you will be able to make a positive difference in the lives of people in the community every day.
About the organisation
Relationships Australia is a community sector organisation with a proud and rich history. We connect with families, communities and thousands of people across the lifespan. You may know us for our family and couples counselling – we also give back to the community through our work in family violence prevention, working with people experiencing gambling harm, with families that have been touched by the sudden death of a loved one, with people who have experienced trauma and with people who are challenged by their mental health, among other things.
With us you will work with people at times of vulnerability in their lives, create a career you’ll love and join a warm and caring team who make a difference.
The Peer Support and Community Development Worker will utilise Community Development strategies to improve and support opportunities for partnerships with the local community; work collaboratively with key community stakeholders to raise awareness of gambling-related harm in the ACT community; foster shared responsibility for these as community issues and support effective community responses that reduce gambling harm and increase help seeking and uptake of Gambling Help Services.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Lead Peer Support & Community Development Worker (ACT Gambling) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction