About the role
The Manager Business Strategy and Performance holds national accountability to drive business planning, reporting and internal governance. This management position advocates for best practice and supports the organisation to deliver its strategic objectives. The successful candidate will have proven expertise in supporting organisations to drive strategic plans to outcomes; someone who thrives in a dynamic environment, has strong governance and reporting skills and embraces continuous improvement. The Manager, Business Strategy and Performance will be responsible for tasks including:
- Manage, motivate and develop a high performing and collaborative team
- Manage resources in accordance with our values and behaviours, budget, policies and best practice
- Develop effective internal relationships and collaborations to progress HCA’s strategic agenda and outcomes for residents.
- Lead the successful integration of HCA’s strategic business plans into operational plans and monitor organisational performance and implementation with reports and dashboards (for Executive and Board committees)
- Coordinate the organisation’s strategic plan development and annual planning and review processes
- Develop and oversee HCA’s corporate business performance reporting including performance against agreed metrics and updates on business activities and performance
- Support and continue to develop the efficacy of internal governance structures and processes
- Support priority projects within the Strategy, People and Performance portfolio
- Establish and support the tracking, reporting and prioritisation of organisational improvement, innovation and other key change projects
- Work in collaboration with the portfolio’s leaders to identify, test and iterate new ways of working
We are looking for: Knowledge and Qualifications
- Relevant tertiary qualification in business, strategy, risk management, community housing, property development or equivalent experience
- Capacity to support change and innovation and deliver creative and leading practice solutions
- Proven experience and successful track record in a comparable role or discipline(s) in the public/community, private housing sector or transferable sector
- Experience and proven ability in preparing business plans and executing strategy
- Demonstrable understanding of effective internal governance structures and processes
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Strong influencing and relationship management skills
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong decision-making ability
- Demonstrable organisational development and/or project management skills, including the ability to work with agility across priorities and functions in a dynamic and busy environment
Please note that it is a requirement of this position that all appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check conducted by Housing Choices Australia and the successful post holder to.
- Provide a valid employee Working with Children Check
- Agree to comply with Child Safe Environments policies and procedures
- Provide a current driver’s license and willingness to travel across Housing Choices’ locations, as required.
Housing Choices reserves the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately. This opportunity is only open to candidates with appropriate legal working rights within Australia. Housing Choices recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce. We celebrate and respect our people’s differences and are committed to being inclusive. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
About the organisation
Housing Choices Australia Group (Housing Choices) is an independent, national, not-for-profit housing provider that delivers high quality, accessible and affordable homes for people who struggle to find a suitable home in Australia’s challenging private rental market. We are one of the largest community housing providers in Australia, with operations in Western Australia, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales. We currently own and/or manage more than 7,000 properties and accommodate more than 8,500 people.
We provide a culture that supports individuals to be their best, with opportunities for personal and career development. We are committed to cultivating an equal, diverse and inclusive environment for all our staff, residents and stakeholders.
Our Vision: ‘All people affordably housed in neighborhoods that support life opportunities’
How to apply
Please apply with a detailed resume and covering letter via the “Apply” button on the Seek.com advert linked below.
Please quote in application: Manager Business Strategy and Performance via Pro Bono Australia.