About the role
- New role to support a dynamic and growing not-for-profit organisation
- Caring, supportive and professional organisation culture
- Attractive employee benefits: including salary packaging, leave loading and additional paid leave over Christmas/New Year
- Ongoing | Full Time or Part Time (0.8 FTE) | Location: Box Hill
About the role
The Manager – Communications, Digital and Media will be an integral member of the Partnerships and Community Engagement team, responsible for external communications and oversight of the digital communications and social media strategy. This is a leadership role which will be responsible for the provision of high-level strategic advice in relation to all communications. The Manager – Communications, Digital and Media will require a range of skills to maintain and build effective networks and relationships with key stakeholders to maximise media opportunities, promoting the Centre’s work across partnerships and the community, as well as digital and in person community events and education.
We are seeking an experienced media and communication professional with a high degree of initiative and a proactive mindset. You will be a collaborative person who enjoys building relationships both within an organisation, and externally with stakeholders. You will have a passion for sharing stories and communicating with others. You will have supreme organisation skills, able to effectively assess and order priorities, plan ahead, and project manage in a fast paced environment while maintaining a high degree of self-awareness and professionalism.
Specifically, you will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Tertiary qualification in communications, public relations, journalism or similar
- A strong awareness and understanding of social justice principles and the social context of family violence and economic abuse
- Demonstrated skills and experience in developing and implementing high-level communications and media strategies and/or plans, including a commitment to continuous improvement
- Demonstrated experience in developing and refining branding, messaging and narrative to ensure effective communications, and supporting others in building relevant capabilities
- Experienced in the use of social media platforms, WordPress, marketing platforms, Microsoft 365, and other digital technologies
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including copyediting, and the ability to prepare high-quality materials tailored to a variety of audiences
This position is based at ECLC’s Box Hill location. However, due to the current restrictions in place in Victoria, this role includes an initial working from home arrangement. Working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic, you will be expected to have exceptional communication and the ability to build positive relationships to support your role.
About the organisation
Eastern Community Legal Centre (ECLC) is a multidisciplinary legal service that works to prevent problems, progress fair outcomes and support the wellbeing and resilience of communities and community members in Melbourne’s East.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager – Communications, Digital and Media via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Engagement, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights