About the role
We are seeking a Marketing Operations Manager to join the Brand, Communications and Marketing Unit. Reporting to the Head of Brand, Communications and Marketing your role is to:
- Lead the development and ongoing maintenance of communications strategy and planning for the organisation
- Identify and understand the organisation’s communications needs and objectives, and translate these into prioritised and holistic plans for delivery
- Ensure all activity is informed by data-driven insights and analytics, and integrated into an audience-driven approach
- Develop and ensure ongoing optimisation of the Brand, Communications and Marketing Unit’s operational processes. This will mean delivering and leading efficient operational systems, workflow tracking, reporting and planning.
- Manage the Events Team, ensuring large and small-scale events are integrated with broader communications and marketing approaches, and deliver outstanding experiences for participants.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders within FCD and across the organisation, as well as with counterparts in other states and territories, regarding communications needs and priorities
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or substantial experience in marketing, communications, events or related roles
- Solid experience in project management, communications and marketing planning, including systems and tools
- Proven capacity to introduce and embed new ideas and approaches into existing working practices, together with a strong ability to adapt to change
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- A results focussed approach, with the ability to manage a broad workload, focus on the big picture and deliver key day-to-day tasks
About the organisation
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Fundraising and Communications Division is responsible for ensuring Cancer Council maintains a visible, engaging presence in the community; and to inspire and activate support from Victorians. Through a diverse revenue generation program, the Division works to ensure funds are raised to support Cancer Council Victoria’s work in line with the organisation’s mission and values.
The Brand, Communications and Marketing Unit works across multiple channels and campaigns, to deliver innovative, omni-channel, impactful marketing and communications activities. This drives supporter, consumer and public engagement, fundraising outcomes and understanding of the Cancer Council Victoria brand.
The unit works in partnership with multiple internal stakeholders to achieve strategic outcomes and ensure that Cancer Council Victoria delivers consistent brand messaging and experience for our many audiences across all our touchpoints.
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity visit http://www.cancervic.org.au/about/careers/job-opportunities to download a Position Description and forward your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information contact Danielle Chidlow at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, a National Police Check and a Working with Children Check
Applications close 26 October
Cancer Council Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cancer Council Victoria is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Cancer Council Victoria has a strong commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of children and youth. We therefore have robust screening procedures for people who are expected to have contact with children in their roles. This will include criminal record check, Working with Children Check and referee checks.
Please quote in application: Marketing Operations Manager (FCD.184) via Pro Bono Australia.