About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full Time, Part Time and Casual roles available
About the opportunity
The Men’s Behaviour Change Practitioner role is designed to provide clinical assessment, counselling, group-work and therapeutic support to men involved in Uniting’s Family Violence Intervention Program. The position will also provide secondary consultation to staff of Uniting.
The role will also provide individual family violence prevention case management for men who are perpetrators of family violence and who are referred by Corrections Victoria.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Undergraduate in Social Work, Psychology or equivalent.
- Principal Facilitator in line with the Men’s Behaviour Change Standards (Graduate Certificate in Client Assessment and Case Management) or willingness to obtain
- Proven experience in Family Violence intervention and support service delivery
- Sound understanding of the Family Violence Protection Act 2008, Victorian government family violence service system reforms and the the MARAM framework.
- Minimum one year experience in working in Family Violence service system, including at least one year working with perpetrators of family violence
- A sound understanding of the gendered nature of family violence and the issues relating to participants of MBCP.
- An awareness of culturally sensitive practice when providing services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, CALD and LGBTIQ+ communities
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Wednesday 20 October 2021
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Emma Hooper, Team Leader – Men’s Behaviour Change on 0481 098 319
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: https://www.unitingvictas.org.au/
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Men's Behaviour Change Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Education_and_Employment, #Education_and_Training, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Media, #Men, #Mental_Health, #Social_Enterprise, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People