About the role
What you’ll do
Each Non-Executive Director, collectively as part of the Board contributes to the following responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and set the strategic direction and priorities for the organisation
- Monitor the organisation’s performance and ensure compliance with the relevant legal obligations
- Ensure the organisation has adequate resources for any proposed undertaking
- Engage a competent Chief Executive Officer and enter a professional agreement which provides regular performance appraisal
- Establish and monitor delegations of authority for the Chief Executive Officer and management
- Non-Executive Director or Executive/Senior Management experience in an organisation of similar size to RANSW
- Knowledge of Government policy and decision making
- Knowledge of NFP funding processes including access to informal and formal networks and connections that would assist RANSW in its advocacy and social impact
- Knowledge of the organisation’s funding drivers and funding cycles and the ability to analyse key financial statements, critically assess financial viability and performance, contribute to strategic financial planning, and oversee budgets and the efficient use of resources
- An ability to think strategically and identify and critically assess strategic opportunities and threats and develop effective strategies in the context of the strategic objectives of the organisation
- Experience initiating, driving or participating in organisational strategy development
- Strong understanding of corporate governance principles either through career experience or the completion of a recognised corporate governance course
- Demonstrated experience working with a team in a respectful, collegiate and collaborative way to achieve results in the best interests of an organisation or community
- Lived experience or work experience within the fields of work that RANSW covers, in particular including those communities that face complex issues and/or have limited access to resources and services
About the organisation
Relationships Australia (NSW) Limited (RANSW) is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to enhancing relationships within families and their communities in order to foster personal and social wellbeing. We have centres located across NSW that offer a range of different support options.
We are committed to building our support for all families and individuals, including those who are in greatest need, facing complex issues and have limited access to resources and services.
RANSW is a company limited by guarantee, a registered charity, and is governed by a Board elected from our membership. We are seeking to appoint an experienced Non-Executive Director known for their career success at senior levels in the social services sector. The successful candidate will have an understanding of the machinery of government, policy making and not-for-profit funding processes with informal and formal networks and connections that will assist RANSW in its advocacy and impact.
How to apply
If you would like further information or have a confidential discussion, please contact Andrea Christie-David by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 7th November, 2021 and should include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your resume.
For further information please visit our website: www.relationshipsnsw.org.au
Please quote in application: Non Executive Director via Pro Bono Australia.