About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full Time, Ongoing role based in Western Suburbs (TBC)
About the opportunity
The Family Preservation and Reunification Response (The Response) is an innovative approach to delivering relational, therapeutic, evidence-informed and coordinated support to vulnerable children and families considered at significant risk of entry into care or where rapid and safe reunification is appropriate, through a strengthened partnership with Child Protection.
The primary focus of the practitioner is to prevent children from having further statutory intervention and entry into care services. The role works in a collaborative, care team approach to provide responsive, intensive and sustainable support to these families and their children who are actively involved with Child Protection.
This program allows for an innovative and creative response for up to 240 hours service intervention, to meet the needs of all family members and to identify and mitigate risk. Practitioners will have access to flexible funds and specialist services to meet child and family needs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related tertiary qualification relevant to child and family welfare
- Experience in working with vulnerable children and families in a community services setting is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in engaging with families successfully and completing assertive outreach
- Knowledge of child development, trauma and attachment theories
- An understanding of the ‘Best Interests’ Case Practice Model and Children & Families Act (CYFA) 2005 and 2015 amendments.
- Current Victorian Drivers licence
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by Submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Monday 18 October 2021
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Amie Turner, Team Leader – Family Preservation & Reunification on 0417 689 921
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: https://www.unitingvictas.org.au/
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Practitioner, Family Preservation & Reunification via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Education_and_Employment, #Education_and_Training, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Media, #Men, #Mental_Health, #Social_Enterprise, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People