About the role
Our philosophy is that every person deserves dignity, respect and quality of service and that no one should be without a safe, affordable and secure home. Services are free, voluntary, accredited and delivered by professional and committed staff.
We currently have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a values-driven and proactive Program Manager, reporting to the Regional Manager of Homelessness at our Homelessness Services Gippsland (Leongatha). This position is instrumental in strategically developing and managing the client-centred service delivery, operations and people of the Homelessness programs in Gippsland, to support clients who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
This is a permanent full-time position.
You will successfully
- Work within TSA Homelessness Stream to develop and implement strategic management and leadership across Victoria and nationally in Australia and participate in TSA’s Area Leadership Team (ALT) processes
- Deliver state agendas and operational/local plans aligned to national agendas
- Develop and manage program budgets and finances
- Line manage and supervise team leaders and ensure recruitment of quality and qualified workers
- Set and maintain a positive, inclusive and constructive culture
- Evaluate service delivery through collection and analysis of service delivery data and feedback
- Build, maintain and evaluate collaborative relationships with external and internal partners
You will have
- Degree qualification in social work, welfare, or related field, and/or management is desirable, and relevant experience in a social service environment
- Relevant experience in a social service environment including in leading and supervising staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of lifestyle pressures, underlying drivers and social inequalities faced by people in the community who are vulnerable or experiencing disadvantage
- Demonstrated knowledge of homelessness including causes, factors, impact on individuals and the wider community
- Demonstrated knowledge of the justice system including causes, factors, impact on individuals and the wider community
- A current VIC Drivers Licence
- Valid VIC Employee Working with Children Check
- Ability to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia
- Willingness to undergo Criminal History Check
What we offer
- NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax-free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Employee Assistance Program – Independent confidential counselling service
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
Stephen Milliken, Regional Homelessness Manager on 0407 840 779
Copy of position description
Gillian Speirs, Talen Acquisition Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Salvation Army Social Mission embraces diversity and encourages applications from
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people,
- people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex
- people with a culturally or linguistically diverse background
About the organisation
Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Program Manager Homelessness Gippsland via Pro Bono Australia.