About the role
- Ongoing Contract
- 4 – 5 days per week negotiable
- Based in Ringwood, travel required
The Project and Communications Coordinator will support the Principal Strategic Advisor in the delivery of the RFVP Strategic Plan and operational action plans, while ensuring the involvement of the RFVP in the fast-paced reforms arising from the Royal Commission into Family Violence (RCFV) implementation outcomes and opportunities. This is an exciting role that requires curiosity, innovation and advocacy, with opportunities for influencing and shaping the role.
Essential To Your Success Will Be:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social work, public policy, community services or other relevant
- Demonstrated experience and skills in project
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Victorian family violence reform agenda; state government policy and initiatives; and the broader sectors whose work intersects with family violence.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with excellent report writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strong relationship and partnership building skills.
- Demonstrated competency with the Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Excel; and experience with WordPress, Mail Chimp and Survey Monkey is desired/ enthusiasm to learn.
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload whilst maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to take initiative and to work independently as well as the ability to work collaboratively and make valued contributions as a member of a
Women from an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background, women with lived experience of family violence, women with disabilities, and women with experience of the criminal justice system are encouraged to apply.
- A current Driver’s Licence is essential for this position
- Current Working With Children check
- Travel within the Eastern Metropolitan Region will be required with occasional travel to other regions
- After hours work may be required on occasion
What We Offer
- Excellent professional development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS staff training
- Option of a monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Regular supervision and management support including access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid parental leave for eligible staff
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
EDVOS hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9am until 8pm and Saturday from 9am until 5pm.
Salary for this position will be aligned with SCHADS Level 5 + legislated super.
About the organisation
The Regional Family Violence Partnership (RFVP) is the Family Violence Regional Integration Committee for Inner and Outer Eastern Department of Health and Human Services areas. We bring together the agencies and sectors that respond to family violence – the major players in the current family violence reform agenda of Ending Family Violence: Victoria’s Plan for Change. The RFVP maintains a strong focus on the local system; to understand what is needed at a system level to make a positive difference to the experiences of service users entering and exiting the system at any point; and to inform decision-makers of local system perspectives and thereby influence the direction of centrally-driven reform initiatives.
The goal of the RFVP is to build a system to support women and children's safety and hold perpetrators of family violence accountable for their behaviour. RFVP brings together representation from a range of sectors across the region including family violence specialist services, men’s services, primary prevention and representatives from sectors such as homelessness, integrated family services, Victoria Police, justice and legal services, Aboriginal services, and the disability sector.
The RFVP is auspiced by Eastern Domestic Violence Services (EDVOS) who are also a RFVP member organisation. EDVOS is a not-for-profit specialist family violence service in Melbourne’s eastern metropolitan region providing an integrated range of support and services to empower women and children who are responding to family violence. As auspice, EDVOS has the responsibility for RFVP funding and financial performance, internal business processes, and supervision and support of the Project Coordinator. The Project Coordinator is required to comply with the conditions of employment of EDVOS as the auspice agency and this includes all of the EDVOS organisational accountabilities.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Coordinator, Regional Family Violence Partnership via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Families, #Women