About the role
The Project Financial Coordinator works closely with both the Hagar Australia Finance Manager and Program Quality Manager, as well as other international staff across the Hagar partnership, to enable Hagar Australia to fulfil its financial reporting and other partner compliance obligations at a project-level. Specifically, the role will:
- Provide financial support for the management of international program budgets, for HAUS funded programs, including reviewing project budgets and proposals.
- Coordinate the distribution of HAUS funds to HI projects and work with the Finance Manager on the accounting system for the recording of transfers.
- Support effective and timely acquittal of HAUS distributed funds to projects.
- Review, manage and update the acquittal process to ensure it is fit for purpose.
- Review and provide feedback on financial checks and assessments of the Program Offices.
- Provide support to Program Offices on financial management systems to meet funding compliance requirements.
- Provide additional project management support to Program Quality Manager as required, including following up on Fraud and Corruption Prevention activities, including training across the Hagar partnership.
- Complete annual in-country internal financial audit in collaboration with Program Offices.
- Complete the monthly donation reconciliation process between CRM database, accounting system and bank accounts.
About the organisation
Hagar Australia works as part of the global federated Hagar International network, to transform the lives of women and children who have been trafficked, enslaved or abused.
We do this work in Afghanistan, Cambodia, Vietnam. Myanmar, Singapore and Solomon Islands.
Established 27 years ago, Hagar has forged an international reputation for its comprehensive model of trauma-informed care, which provides survivors of trafficking, slavery and abuse with:
- A safe place to live
- Legal support
- Trauma counselling
- Medical care
- Vocational training or a university scholarship
- Job placement
- Support to fully reintegrate into the community.
In addition, Hagar advocates to prevent individuals from being trafficked or abused in the first place.
Hagar was founded as a Christian organisation and continues to adhere to Christian values. We believe in hope. It’s what we see in every individual who comes to us. We don’t see the victim but the survivor. The possibility. The greatest of human potential.
Hagar Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hagar Australia is committed to integrity, the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment; safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults, and gender equality, diversity and inclusion.
How to apply
To apply please forward your cover letter, a response outlining your match to the selection criteria and your CV to Merewyn Foran, Hagar Australia Executive Director, at email@example.com by Friday 29 October 2021.
(NOTE: We are looking to appoint this role as soon as possible and so applications will be reviewed and considered progressively as they are received so candidates are strongly encouraged to apply early.)
Please quote in application: Project Financial Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development