About the role
- Be part of making a real difference in the community via grassroots community sport.
- Be an integral part of growing and co-ordinating TS4A in Stonnington & Port Phillip or Kingston & Glen Eira
- Work from home – 2 days plus 1 volunteer day
- Work the days and times that suit your lifestyle
- Support from a passionate team who are committed to making sure sport is accessible to all children.
Tasks & responsibilities
- connecting and networking with referral agencies
- recruiting and managing volunteers
- liaising and meeting with families/children who are referred to TS4A
- connecting and networking with relevant sporting clubs, schools, community organisations, councils and other relevant local organisations
- organising and implementing local fundraising
- ability to attend and present at meetings where required
Qualifications & experience
- community service experience a bonus but not essential
- fundraising experience a bonus but not essential
- passion for local community, disadvantaged youth and sport
About the organisation
TeamSports4All helps socio-economically disadvantaged kids participate in club sport in their community – kids from the poorest and most marginalised parts of our society. We all know that sport leads to a more active life and improved mental and physical health, but being part of a team and club also reduces social isolation, helps kids and families to make valuable community connections, exposes kids to a range of positive role models, and has been shown to reduce kids’ involvement in criminal activity and drug use. The support of TS4A makes it possible. We get these kids started in team sport by connecting them with a local team, getting them registered and paying the team fees for them, introducing them to the team manager and coach, providing them with clothing, footwear, equipment and uniforms, and then providing ongoing support to ensure they keep playing. We are growing, launching 4 new regions and need 2 passionate people who believe in the power of an inclusive community.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Fiona on firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please quote in application: Regional Co-Ordinator- Team Sports 4 All via Pro Bono Australia.