About the role
In this newly created role reporting to the Head of Clinical Care, Quality Assurance and Compliance and working alongside our Case Managers you will be providing services to our home-based clients.
On offer is 3 days (22.5 hours) per week with some flexibility around days and times.
- Nursing assessment and review of individual care needs. Engage consumers, using a strengths-based approach to complete health status measurements and needs assessments.
- Undertake nursing duties at a highly proficient level.
- Assist with the development and review of new and existing clinical procedures and guidelines.
- Comply with the mechanisms for monitoring, compliance, and review of clinical risk management.
- Initiate referrals to appropriate internal and external services.
- Ensure that documentation is maintained at the required standard.
- Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent.
- Registration as a Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA) and a current Certificate of Registration.
- Compliance with Public Health Vaccination Orders, including COVID-19.
- Driver’s licence.
- Previous experience in providing in-home services.
- A knowledge of dementia, palliative care, and experience of incontinence care needs.
- The ability to develop and facilitate in-house training and workshops on matters of clinical care across aged care, disability, and mental health.
You will have the opportunity to work for a supportive and growing organisation with a person-centred approach to providing services and have the chance to make a difference in our clients’ lives. Employees are also eligible for NFP salary packaging options which can increase your take home pay. JewishCare is an EEO employer committed to the principles of cultural diversity and gender equality. We offer a family friendly flexible workplace and ongoing learning and development opportunities.
About the organisation
JewishCare NSW has been the major provider of services to the Jewish community in Sydney for over 80 years. To achieve our mission of supporting and strengthening the resilience and independence of our community, we offer assistance in the areas of Child and Family Services, Mental Health Programs, Disability Services and Community Aged Services. We are passionate about the work that we do and believe that our staff are our most important asset in providing the best care and support to the vulnerable.
How to apply
To apply please visit our website.
Please quote in application: Registered Nurse – Part-time via Pro Bono Australia.