About the role
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Provide key administrative support to cancer researchers
- Full time (or flexible 0.8FTE) 12-month fixed term position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your opportunity
We are seeking an experienced and resourceful Senior Administration Officer to join the Cancer Epidemiology Division. Reporting to the Unit Leader, Research Operations your role is responsible for a diverse range of operational and administrative activities, including general office administration, research administration and finance administration.
This role works closely with the CED Leadership Team as well as enabling roles across the organisation and is CED’s primary administrative contact with internal and external stakeholders. This role is ideally suitable for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is looking for an opportunity to demonstrate their critical thinking skills.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Advanced Diploma in Business Management, Office Administration or other relevant field or extensive experience in a research administration role
- Substantial experience maintaining information and office systems, preferably within a research environment
- Demonstrated finance administration experience
- Strong organisation and coordination skills, with a meticulous attention to detail
- Substantial experience providing administrative support to senior staff in a busy environment and the proven ability to demonstrate discretion
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
What we can offer you
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by cancer
- A base salary within range $62,883 – $69,594 pa (pro-rata for part time) plus superannuation and not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free) https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/what-is-salary-packaging/
About the organisation
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Cancer Epidemiology Division (CED) conducts a broad range of research aimed at expanding our understanding of the factors that contribute to or protect against the development of cancer, or survival following a cancer diagnosis. It comprises a multidisciplinary team of epidemiologists, statisticians, dieticians, data managers and support staff, committed to understanding how to improve our efforts at cancer control.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Administration Officer (CED.188) via Pro Bono Australia.