About the role
SENIOR MANAGER, DEVELOPMENT
- Lead the growth of ACU’s philanthropy program
- Lead and inspire a small fundraising team
- Continuing full time position based at our Melbourne or North Sydney Campus
Advancement and Alumni develop relationships and partnerships with alumni, donors, Catholic stakeholders, charities and organisations aligned closely with the ACU Mission that deliver strategic benefits to students, teaching, research and community engagement activities. They provide advice to key stakeholders and deliver a program of fundraising and alumni engagement that supports the University’s objectives. The team is focused on raising funds for strategic programs, developing major giving strategies, amplifying alumni and philanthropic impact stories and enhancing external relationships for the University. They are a gateway to the graduate community, promoting mutually beneficial professional and personal enrichment opportunities to alumni, celebrating their achievements, and encouraging a culture of volunteerism.
The Senior Manager, Development will lead the execution and management of Development activities, leading the team’s shift to major gift fundraising and increasing philanthropic income. The role will be responsible for the planning and execution of operational plans and activities that secure philanthropic income linked to key strategic priorities, secure major gifts and develop a growing base of donors and prospects who are inspired to engage with ACU.
More specifically the role will:
- Lead and manage the Development team, fostering a team culture of innovation, collaboration, aspiration and best practice
- Provide clear leadership in establishing and sustaining external donor relationships that grow philanthropic funds
- Build a personal portfolio of fifty to seventy-five prospects
- Support the development of a philanthropic culture across ACU by proactively engaging and collaborating with stakeholders, identifying opportunities for philanthropic support and communicating achievements
- Ensure ACU fundraising programs are managed in accordance with applicable legislation and professional standards.
You will need to have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and extensive experience in development and donor relations
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively lead and develop a team of professional staff to achieve objectives
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing fundraising programs, and achieving fundraising targets in a competitive environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior staff, influential donors, and external organisations for successful fundraising outcomes along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Applications Close: 28 October 2021
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
About the organisation
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across nine campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield, Blacktown and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
How to apply
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $138,755 – 148,059 pa, including salary component $117,280 - $125,232 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 9), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Ms Rachelle Bramley, Director, Advancement and Alumni at Rachelle.Bramley@acu.edu.au.
Please quote in application: Senior Manager, Development via Pro Bono Australia.