About the role
- Contribute to a life-changing program
- 4 weeks annual leave plus 1-week well-being leave
- $85,699 + super + salary packaging option + extra week of leave
- Permanent full-time role, immediate start
About the opportunity
The Pregnancy Outreach Program aims to address the gaps within the homelessness service system and bridge the divide between homelessness services and health services in order to create better outcomes for pregnant women experiencing homelessness. The Program does this by providing
pregnant women with enhanced case management support, advocacy, information and referral pathways.
The Pregnancy Outreach Program – Senior Worker is a specialist position responsible for providing high-quality, outreach client-focused case management services to clients who are pregnant, experiencing homelessness and have complex needs. The role will also provide support,
secondary consultation, training and education to staff members within their team, organisation and externally.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in human services, and direct experience in the delivery of services to clients with complex needs, whom are pregnant and experiencing homelessness
- Demonstrated understanding of housing and homelessness policy, context and systems
- Sound understanding of antenatal/postnatal support needs for women who are pregnant
- Sound understanding of the dual diagnosis
- Ability to work effectively with people experiencing complex life stress with past/ present trauma experiences
Working in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team that uses innovative housing practices, this exciting and challenging position offers applicants the opportunity to build and empower the lives of pregnant women experiencing homelessness.
Note: Full COVID-19 vaccination, Working with Children and police checks are mandatory at Launch Housing.
Why you’ll love working at Launch Housing
We believe housing is a basic human right and our values of empowerment, fresh thinking, agility, leadership and courage underpin everything we do. If you want a career where you can make a real difference, and you are passionate about our mission to end homelessness, then consider working
with Launch Housing! Our employees are spread across 14 different sites within metropolitan Melbourne.
We offer great staff benefits including:
- Meaningful work that offers flexible work arrangements including work from home
- 4 weeks annual leave, plus 1-week wellbeing leave
- Professional and enjoyable working environment
- Career development and growth opportunities
About the organisation
Launch Housing is a secular Melbourne-based community organisation that provides homelessness services and life-changing housing supports to disadvantaged Victorians. With over 400 staff working across 13 locations, we want to end homelessness and are committed to creating lasting societal change to help those most in need in our community. In a country as wealthy as ours no one should be homeless.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Worker - Pregnancy Outreach Program via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Support_Services, #Families