About the role
Who we’re looking for
We are seeking passionate a Speech Pathologist keen to make a difference to the lives of children and their families.
We welcome applications from qualified Speech Pathologists with varying levels of experience. Are you a recent graduate looking to kick-start your career? Or an experienced Speech Pathologist looking for a new challenge?
If you are on the lookout for a supportive role, where each day is different we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing
You will be based in the Outer EAST providing clinical interventions within the Community Health Paediatric team in all areas of Speech Pathology including, fluency, articulation, motor speech disorders, early language and AAC. Working across programs, you will also provide providing 2-3 direct outreach services to Kindergartens in the Knox, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges areas, building capability of educators. Sessions wi ll include coaching, modelling, mentoring, group training, and consultation to deliver a comprehensive capacity building service to Kindergartens to improve School Readiness outcomes for children.
You will enhance the professional practices of educators, using evidence-based practices to promote improved speech, language, social interaction and early literacy outcomes and be able to provide quality individual therapeutic and group care for Community Health clients. This is a part time position 3 to 4 days a week.
Who you’ll be working with
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team you will be working collaboratively with a supportive and like-minded team.
You will liaise directly with Kindergartens, PSFO Officers, the EACH School Readiness Allied Health Team, the Child Development Team Leader and other staff.
What we offer
EACH offers a range of employee benefits including:
- Mentoring and support: Structured supervision and mentoring tailored to individuals, access to evidence-based resources and up-to-date references.
- Flexibility: Flexibility to work full-time/part-time from home, from our offices and at client premises.
- Competitive remuneration: Above award remuneration and conditions including generous leave options and tax savings via Not for Profit salary packaging.
- Opportunities for growth: EACH operate well over 200 programs and services which offer a variety of opportunities for progression and development.
- Ongoing Professional Development: Development opportunities are available via formal and informal training, our leadership pipeline and discipline specific learning.
About the organisation
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community.
Founded on the vision that everyone is entitled to good health, we’re one of the nation’s leading health and community service providers, offering a broad range of services for over 40 years. Our services include Community Health, Mental Health, NDIS, Counselling, Support for Older Australians and Family Services.
How to apply
We look forward to learning more about you and what you can bring to this role. Please send through your resume and cover letter.
If you’d like more information about the position, please contact Sheila Ferris, Child Development Team Leader, on 0428 186 245 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Speech Pathologist - Child and Family Services via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Mental_Health