About the role
- Contribute to our new Future Healthy strategy, focusing on the wellbeing of young people
- Contribute to helping people across Victoria enjoy better health and wellbeing
VicHealth is committed to ensuring appointments represent the range of lived experience in the Victorian community. Women, indigenous people, people with disability, young people, LGBTIQ+ people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The Strategic Communications Lead reports directly to the Strategic Communications Manager and works in close partnership with all Social Marketing & Communications teams to deliver effective, strategic communications.
In this fixed term role, you will act as a conduit for all marketing and communications projects and campaigns across multiple teams and channels. You will also contribute to all quarterly and annual reporting of strategic objectives and communication activities.
You’ll bring your brilliant problem solving, and planning skills to this role in order to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Social Marketing & Communications function at VicHealth.
We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude and a creative mindset, who is comfortable with ambiguity and changing priorities in a fast-paced working environment.
The ability to use initiative, problem solve, and to work collaboratively within a strong team environment will also be important skills that we will be looking for.
Closing Date: Tuesday 19 October 2021
Unit: Social Marketing & Communications
Tenure: Full Time, Fixed Term (12 Months)
Classification: VicHealth Grade D
Remuneration: $87,802 (plus superannuation and other benefits)
Qualifications and experience required:
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications, Marketing or Public Relations or similar area
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Excellent planning, organising, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in data analysis, monitoring and reporting
- Experience using Google Analytics, CMS, and social media for work purposes
- Understanding of SEO
- Experience working within the communications, public health, community or government sectors preferred.
About the organisation
VicHealth is the world’s first health promotion foundation. Established by the Victorian Parliament in 1987, we were the first agency of our kind worldwide to utilise a hypothecated tax on tobacco to support independent, long-term, evidence-based health promotion practice, partnerships and leadership that would translate into real-world impacts. We continue to be a global leader in health promotion, as a Collaborating Centre with the World Health Organization and a technical partner to UNICEF.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Strategic Communications Lead via Pro Bono Australia.