About the role
Exciting opportunity to support growth in a leading international NGO
Flexible working environment with a supportive team
Salary packaging available
This is a full time role in the ICT team with a focus on administration of Microsoft products as well as network configuration.
Let’s talk about you
You will thrive as our Systems Administrator if you have:
- 7+ years IT industry experience in Microsoft environments
- 3+ years as a Systems Administrator, or equivalent.
- An understanding and willingness to model our values of Courage, Partnership, Stewardship and Compassion.
- Expertise with the Microsoft Azure and Office 365 platform and applications
- Expertise with the Microsoft Server family
- Expertise with VMware vSphere and ESX virtualisation products
- Strong scripting (PowerShell, T-SQL) and Command Line skills
- Demonstrated skills with storage area networks and network-attached storage
- Motivation and are always thinking outside the box
- The ability to work as part of a team, solve problems and generally make things happen
It would be great if you also have:
- Strong skills with Edge products such as Next-Gen Firewalls, VPN, IPS/IDS, or proven equivalent skills.
- Advanced skills with LAN and WAN technologies, virtual switches and routers.
Let’s talk about your next role
In this varied role, your days may include:
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining laptops, PCs and servers, networking equipment and network operating systems (Windows Server 2012 – 19) – including installing and patching of cabling as required.
- Be the escalation point for the First Level Support to provide higher level support for all Caritas ICT systems within scope, helping staff locally, nationally and internationally, via TeamViewer, VPN, or in person.
- Setup and maintain networking devices, physical hardware and virtually hosted, such as switches, firewall, VPN appliances, Wi-Fi Access Points, proxy’s and others.
- Setup and maintain both Virtual Machines and physical hypervisor Servers, and associated storage arrays, when required.
- Administering Microsoft and network services, in particular email routing, Active Directory, DNS, DCHP across hybrid On-Premise, Office 365/Azure infrastructure and third party email/web/DNS.
- Administering systems and applications across the Microsoft family, particularly having strong SharePoint Administration skills and experience, along with Teams and the Office 365 suite.
- Administer and monitor system logs for security events, inconsistencies, improvements.
- Monitoring and improving performance, installing patches and fixes to all systems and appliances promptly when released by the manufacturer to maintain network and system security.
About Caritas Australia
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity.
Our programs promote the good of every person regardless of their religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
Sound like you?
That’s a good sign! In return for your energy and ideas, we offer genuine flexible work/life balance.
We always support a safe, healthy, engaging and productive working environment for all employees and workers, whether that be in your home an office or a combination of both.
We are a not-for-profit, so offer a range of benefits. You can find more out here: https://www.caritas.org.au/about/careers/work-with-us
Learn more about Caritas Australia, our work and how we’re making a difference at: https://www.caritas.org.au/
We welcome people with different skills, and life experiences and encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please submit your application including your cover letter and CV by 5 November 2021. We will be interviewing as applications come through, so please don’t delay in submitting yours.
Our commitment to safeguarding
At Caritas Australia, we recognise the personal dignity and rights of all people, especially children and vulnerable adults towards whom we have a special responsibility. If you are offered this position, you will be required to undergo relevant background checks, including police checks and reference checks. If the position requires a Working with Children Check or foreign police check, it is your responsibility to obtain one before starting work. You will also be required to sign our Code of Conduct which includes a section on Professional Behaviour Standards for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults as well as to abide by our safeguarding policies.
Our commitment to diversity
At Caritas Australia, we support an inclusive and diverse workforce. In particular we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Systems Administrator via Pro Bono Australia.