About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a values driven Team Leader to the Manager in the continued roll out, implementation, delivery of support services, Consortium partner relationships, risk mitigation, program reporting and positive client outcomes.
Reporting to the Homelessness Manager, this role plays a key part in the Consortiums partnership under the lead of Uniting, to deliver the Victorian Government’s From Homelessness to a Home (H2H) program in the Gippsland region. H2H program based around the “Housing First” service models, will provide intensive wrap around support services for our clients who have a history of long term homelessness and rough sleeping and are currently transitioning from crisis motels as a response to the COVID pandemic in medium to long term housing social housing units.
You will successfully
- Lead, co-ordinate and supervise the H2H and other team members to deliver the Housing First program in accordance with the Consortium Lead, DHHS guidelines, TSA policies and procedures
- Work co-operatively and collaboratively as a member of Homelessness Leadership and case work teams at the Leongatha office.
- Engage, collaborate and coordinate with key regional support partners and our clients to facilitate sustainable tenancies and homes for life.
- Refer into and actively sustain partnerships with relevant support services to ensure layered and wrap around support options for our H2H clients and their families
This position is full-time, maximum term for 18 months based in Leongatha.
You will have
- Relevant health or community service experience and/or qualifications, or study including undertaking the final year of a Social Work or Youth Work Degree.
- Understanding of the causes and impacts of homelessness
- Ability to develop respectful, positive relationships with consumers while maintaining clear boundaries
- Understanding of case management and how to promote client choice and control.
- Good customer service skills including the ability to build rapport with people from diverse backgrounds
- Good interpersonal skills and accurate record writing
- Be able to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia
What we offer
- NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Employee Assistance Program – Independent confidential counselling service
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
For for a confidential discussion regarding the role please contact us on 5662 6400.
The Salvation Army Social Mission embraces diversity and encourages applications from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people,
- people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex
- people with a culturally or linguistically diverse background
About the organisation
Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader Homelessness 2 Home (H2H) via Pro Bono Australia.