About the role
- Join a leader in youth mental health, revolutionising services to our young people
- Be part of a supportive team with career development and growth opportunities in clinical care and research
- Fixed-term until 30 June 2022 with opportunity for further employment
- Access to generous NFP salary packaging and flexible work/life balance arrangements
The Research Division is seeking a web applications developer. You will be well supported operationally to ensure your career at Orygen is both fulfilling and rewarding without compromising on your life goals.
If you have a passion for the field of youth mental health and want to make a real difference to the lives of young people and their families and carers and share Orygen’s values of respect, accountability, teamwork, excellence and innovation, then we would love you to join the Orygen team to revolutionise youth mental health.
The role and your impact
The Web Applications Developer is part of a team of developers providing support to research and project activities in the Centre for Youth Mental Health. You will:
- Ensure that the front-end GUI is appropriately designed to meet the requirements of the database management system of each project.
- Develop and maintain SQL databases to capture and manage research-related data and generate reports according to given specifications and relevant security and privacy requirements.
- Use responsive web design methods to handle varying screen size requirements.
- Modify databases of existing projects as needs arise.
- Create and maintain documentation and user guides for each project.
- Communicate with staff and/or statisticians to ascertain their requirements for databases.
- Provide instruction, guidance and advice to staff and students regarding database issues.
- Participate in relevant meetings and committees as required for the effective running of the team of developers as well as the entire organization
Essential to this role is strong knowledge and experience in .NET (4.0 and Core) Web development with HTML5, CSS3, jQuery and Bootstrap. You are passionate, energetic and determined to make a difference to health outcomes for young people. In addition, you will bring:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Working experience using Azure DevOps and GIT.
- Solid knowledge and experience in SQL/Relational databases – Microsoft SQL Server.
- Ability to work with multiple datasets and facilitate data transfer using APIs and scripts.
- High-level graphic skills with common graphic tools such as Photoshop.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated attention to detail, and proven ability to deliver consistently high standards of professional communications.
- Strong skills in providing clear and concise documentation for both user instructions as well as technical records.
- Well-established organisational skills with a strong work ethic, commitment to continuous service improvement, and an openness to generate and adopt new ideas and creative approaches to problem-solving.
- High-level ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment and under instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks, accommodate changes to task specifications and work effectively under pressure
To view the FULL selection criteria and learn more about this opportunity, please go to www.orygen.org.au/About/Work-with-Us to view the Position Description or contact Larry Hendricks at email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Salary and benefits
Depending on your skills and experience, a salary of $65,000 – $80,000 p.a. is offered plus superannuation and access to generous NFP salary packaging.
Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind, Orygen offers a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work arrangement, an employee assistance program, well-regarded supervision, and a supportive team, career growth and development opportunities, purposeful work that makes a real difference to lives of young people and their families and carers and career opportunities within an organisation that is the leader in youth mental health.
About the organisation
The why behind what we do is important. We believe that all young people deserve to grow into adulthood with optimal mental health. Everything we do is focused on this outcome. Orygen is leading and redefining what’s possible in global research, policy, education and clinical care. Find out more on our website.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: WEB APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Youth_and_Young_People