About the role
The objectives of the position are:
- Facilitate and manage the housing allocation process to ensure all vacancies and allocations for Social and Affordable Housing are assessed according to government regulations and guidelines and data recorded accurately and efficiently.
- Undertake detailed data analysis and provide prompt and accurate reporting when required, both internally and externally.
- Record and maintain accurate records of vacant property stages and provide reports to management as required.
- Provide administrative, reporting and support to the Southern office and various Haven; Home, Safe programs as authorised by the EGMO (South)
Vacancy Management and Allocation Duties
- Monitor tenancy status of Social and Affordable Housing properties and advertise vacancies utilising the relevant programmatic process and tools.
- Analyse, investigate and source relevant applications from the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (DFFH) Victorian Housing Register (VHR) as appropriate in accordance with the HHS Allocations Policy and VHR protocols.
- Process and assess housing applications based upon HHS Allocations policy and portfolio requirements seeking references and supporting documentation.
Customer and Program activities
- Provide excellent professional customer service which is accessible, relevant and responsive to the needs of consumers, visitors, suppliers, program staff, and adheres to organisational values, policy and program guidelines.
- Answer general enquiries regarding Haven; Home, Safe programs through various means of correspondence
- Maintain property rental information including online advertising if applicable.
About the organisation
Haven; Home, Safe is the leading provider of integrated homelessness and housing services and Victoria’s first registered affordable housing association. Haven; Home, Safe is a dynamic and rapidly growing organisation and the only fully integrated agency in Australia to provide both homelessness services and affordable housing. We are a Charity with DGR status, committed to the communities in which we operate.
We have a reputation for excellence and provide a range of innovative support programs and property and tenancy management solutions to some of the more vulnerable people across much of the state. Our current portfolio of 2000 properties houses over 5000 people.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Allocations Housing Officer via Pro Bono Australia.