About the role
- New and exciting role, contracted to June 2023
- Part-time role, working 4 days per week
- Use your extensive network to support people into employment
About the Program
The Jobs Victoria Employment Services (JVES) program is one element of a range of initiatives designed to offer personalised employment support to jobseekers.
JVES is a new program aimed at supporting Ref ugee, Migrant and Asylum Seekers reach employment outcomes and address the barriers experienced by these cohorts by delivering a tailored person-centered approach into meaningful and sustainable employment.
Meaningful employment is an important component to a stable, secure and independent future. The Business Development Manager (BDM) will lead, develop connections and identify new business opportunities relating to employment and continually build relationships with potential employers to support participants in the Jobs Victoria Employment Services into employment.
Key areas of responsibility include but not limited to:
- Engage with new employers aligning with the skillsets of Refugee & Migrant Employment Program (R&MEP) clients and forge relationships with key stakeholders/decision makers by marketing SSI’s employment services to employers
- Engage local employers through various mediums (phone/email/face to face) to create positions tailored to the unique and varied needs of our clients and identify new business opportunities to enhance service delivery
- Lead the cross-referencing, screening and referring of job ready job seekers to employment opportunities resulting in sustainable employment outcomes
- Work closely with the internal team (Employment Facilitators and Job Advocates) to ensure the retention and engagement of our clients and support them with preparations for the job application process including the assisted preparation of client resumes, cover letters & interviews
- Advocate for job seekers when marketing and networking with appropriate organisations within the community
Do you have previous sales or recruitment work experience? Have you worked in the employment sector or provided career advice before? If so we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a result driven, outcomes focused person with a passion to use their skills to help others. Someone resilient and adaptable with a can-do attitude, who can demonstrate strong and proven experience with Placements of clients with varied challenges into a job; prior experience working with vulnerable clients from culturally and linguistically diverse background; strong negotiation & presentation skills will see you succeed in this role.
If you’re a self-starter with initiative and demonstrated ability to work unsupervised, enjoy working with people and ready to make a difference, please apply now. A valid driver’s license and car is a prerequisite for this role.
About our Benefits:
- Salary packaging options and tax-free amounts available on your salary, meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry-leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth.
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members, all wanting to make a difference in our communities
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI Group) is a community-based organisation and social business supporting newcomers and Australians to achieve their full potential. Taking an integrated approach how everyone can thrive within the community in which they live and the wider Australian society, we support children, young people and families; people living with disability; and asylum seekers, refugees and migrants. Our programs include facilitating employment, multicultural foster care, creating community engagement, advocacy, and influencing government and international affairs and provide thought leadership within our sector locally, nationally and globally.
How to apply
SSI is a Disability Confident Recruiter and will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. We encourage people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position and support applications from our First Nations People.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists will guide you through our process and next steps. If you require a reasonable adjustment during our recruitment process, please contact Sarah Abdelhady on 0402 771 390 or email email@example.com
SSI requires all employees to have received the required doses of Covid-19 Vaccination as a condition of ongoing employment.
At SSI we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and mai ntaining a child safe organisation, where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors, and volunteers. All successful candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including reference checks, confirmation of COVID-19 vaccination via digital certificate, WWCC, a Criminal History Check and NDIS Screening check (if applicable) as a reasonable condition of employment.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander viewers are warned that the following video may contain images and footage of deceased persons – viewer discretion is advised.
Please quote in application: Business Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Support_Services, #Employment_Services