About the role
Job Reference No VAC0946
- Two generous salary sacrificing options
- Work in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Rewarding and Valuable work
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the service provision of a mental health program at Star Health.
The project is funded by the South Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network and will be responsible for providing highly flexible, timely and accessible support to consumers with severe mental illness and complex needs.
The MHICC Care Coordinator will play a key role in the multidisciplinary MHICC Team in providing clinical and non-clinical care coordination to consumers of the service as well as family education and support.
The role will be important in achieving continuity of services received by consumers and their families, as well as treatment matching services to consumer need and resources available.
To star in this role you will have:
- A professional qualification in Social Work.
- Experience in relevant clinical service delivery to be able to assess and work with consumer ability.
- Demonstrated ability to provide care coordination, family support and liaison, risk assessment and mental state examination.
- Excellent knowledge of primary care stakeholders referral pathways and other relevant service systems important to health outcomes for consumers.
- A clear understanding of social determinants of health
What makes Star Health Tick?
Star Health works in partnership with people and communities to promote and improve equity, health and wellbeing by delivering innovative client-directed services that take into account the context of the individual and the community, and championing prevention and change to address the structural reasons for health inequity.
About the organisation
Star Health is a leading provider of Primary Health services in Victoria.
How to apply
Hit Apply Now and submit your application
Applicants must address the Key Capabilities – Essential within the covering letter and complete our application form directly from the Star Health website at http://www.starhealth.org.au/
For information about the role, please contact:
Belinda Bruno on 03 9525 1300 or email Coordinator - MHICC, UpStart & WorkSa
Please quote in application: Care Coordinator – MHICC via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Families, #Mental_Health