About the organisation
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university, and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
The Advancement Office aims to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. It is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
About the role
The Case and Proposal Developer is responsible for the development of high-quality proposals and cases for support for strategically important philanthropic opportunities. This position plays an integral role in producing a range of fundraising support materials to underwrite the donor journey and strengthen alumni and donor engagement with – and knowledge of – the key fundraising priorities of the University, and their impact through investment.
In a typical week at work, you may:
- Develop and coordinate tailored proposals and cases for support, that align with the Advancing Melbourne strategy, including providing strategic advice to the project team, sourcing and synthesising content, writing, editing, and coordinating inputs and feedback from project stakeholders
- Project manage the development of new collateral, working with academic leads and Advancement colleagues to source, produce, edit and repurpose content that supports Advancement activities, primarily through materials that aim to attract philanthropic investment in the University’s research, student, teaching and engagement functions
- Provide writing and editorial support to the production of high-end reports designed to inform key stakeholder groups, including major donors and the University’s Executive of the priorities and achievements of University of Melbourne Advancement
Please note this is a full time (1.0), fixed term role available for 1.5 years
You will have a well-developed understanding of the higher education sector with the capacity to provide specialist advice related to the development of compelling, customer focused fundraising narratives. You’ll be adept at project planning and have the ability to manage competing deadlines and sometimes shifting priorities.
Ideally, you will further have:
- A degree in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations or another relevant field, with substantial work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Excellent writing and content creation skills, with ability to develop engaging narratives with complex subject matter for different target audiences
- Demonstrated ability to generate materials from scratch, using interviews, research and existing written material
- Exceptional written communication skills encompassing grammatical proficiency and highly developed proofreading and editing capability
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case and Proposal Developer via Pro Bono Australia.