About the role
- 12 months Full time- Fixed Term Contract
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
- Dynamic team and supportive management
The Tier 3 Case Manager position is responsible for providing holistic case management support to newly arrived refugees and asylum seekers within the Humanitarian Support Program (HSP) in selected areas of NSW under contract with the Department of Home Affairs (DHA)..
The HSP program is a complex and multifaceted program model that works with refugee’s settlement and asylum seekers in the community considered highly vulnerable due to their economic, visa or health status. This position will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of face-to-face and remote quality services with refugees and asylum seekers.
The position will report to an HSP Team Leader and will work within a team made up of Case Managers and Support Workers from a variety of backgrounds and discipline.
- Develop a holistic and client centered case plan with involvement of the client’s and consistency with identifying needs. Implement case management plan and continuous monitor, review, and update plan as
- Case management activities, including service coordination, advocacy, case conferences and liaison with other support services and agencies and ongoing support of clients and families with highly complex needs
- Support clients through individual crises via crisis management principles, information provision and referrals to specific support services
- Delivering orientation sessions on various settlement outcome domains to the newly arrived humanitarian entrants under Community Support Program
- Administrative responsibilities, Service coordination and communication with partner organisations providing service to clients under Community Support Program including completing Initial Needs Assessments
- Maintaining professional and up to date case notes and monitoring service provision via internal databases and external IT system
- Assessing needs and formulating a comprehensive client-focused case management plan and conducting reviews
- Bachelor / Masters of Social Work or Psychological Science or Psychology
- Experience providing case management support to clients with complex needs
- Experience working with databases and Microsoft Office
- Worked with clients from a culturally and linguistically diverse background (desirable)
- High level of written and verbal English skills
- Travel is required
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth
- Access to our in-house wellbeing programs, three days of culture and well-being leave
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with children and young people as well as people with refugee and asylum-seeking background, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, people with disability and more to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality.
How to apply
Hit Apply Now and submit your application to be considered for this role!
SSI is a Disability Confident Recruiter and will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. We encourage people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position and support applications from our First Nations People.
At SSI we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation, where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists will guide you through our process and next steps.
If you require a reasonable adjustment during our recruitment process, please contact Sarah Abdelhady on 0402 771 390 or email email@example.com
SSI requires all employees to have received the required doses of Covid-19 Vaccination as a condition of ongoing employment.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including reference checks, confirmation of COVID-19 vaccination via digital certificate, WWCC, a Criminal History Check and NDIS Screening check (if applicable) as a reasonable condition of employment.
Please quote in application: Case Manager Tier 3 via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Families, #Humanitarian, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development