About the role
Blueprint Institute is at an exciting time in its evolution. After a period of rapid growth, they’re looking for a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to continue their path in building a world-class think tank with a national reputation for rigorous analysis, informed and credible research, timely contributions to public debate and influence on policy development and implementation.
Reporting to the board, the CEO will be the public face of the organisation, responsible for strategic planning and performance around Blueprint’s organisational goals and research agenda. They will oversee the management of day-to-day operations, people and resources and will manage critical relationships with funders, government, politicians, academics, the media, researchers and other key stakeholders.
The role heads the overall governance, financial management and operation of the organisation and will lead a highly intelligent and motivated team and harness input from broader networks. The CEO will be the primary spokesperson for the organisation and will generate public and political conversation; ensuring that Blueprint is a highly informed and credible voice in the public and political domain, heard and valued by thought leaders and government.
Experience, knowledge & skills
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Senior executive experience, with experience in the for-purpose space an advantage.
- Deep experience and sophisticated understanding of, and interest in, the Australian political landscape as well as current local and global trends in the areas of the environment, climate and energy, finance and economy, and/or early learning.
- Well-developed people leadership skills, with demonstrated capacity to engage and empower staff to deliver outcomes on time and budget
- Understanding of governance – experience in working with a board, with a demonstrated ability to develop and execute on strategy.
- Exceptional communicator; strong, authentic and confident. Able to engage range of sophisticated stakeholders on complex issues via a variety of forums including mainstream and social media.
- Experience in financial oversight and management to ensure short term financial health and long-term sustainability.
- Track record in stakeholder management including government, academia, media, politicians etc.
- Experience of creating and delivering a fundraising strategy, identifying new avenues for corporate and philanthropic partners and nurturing those relationships.
- Post-graduate qualifications in a field relevant to public policy research desirable.
About the organisation
Blueprint Institute is an independent think tank that exists to improve the quality of public policy discussion and outcomes in Australia. They achieve this through high-quality, evidence-based research consistent with market principles and informed by rigorous economic analysis. Their communication style is clear, rigorous, and accessible.
They use targeted consultation and communication to educate key demographics, shape the public discussion, and shift public policy. As a new think tank, Blueprint Institute has a growing set of research interests with their work currently focussing on climate and energy policy, early learning reform, and tax and fiscal reform.
The team has experience in politics, bureaucracy, business, academia, and civil society - they leverage this expertise to positively influence critical policy issues.
How to apply
People for Purpose have been appointed to assist Blueprint Institute with the search for this role.
We invite you to read the position description located on the People for Purpose Website under Executive Search at www.peopleforpurpose.com.au and to visit the Blueprint Institute website at https://www.blueprintinstitute.org.au/.
Once you have absorbed this information and done your own research, if you have specific questions, please call us on 0468 625 252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, as well as your CV, you must submit a cover letter outlining why you are interested in representing Blueprint Institute and how your skills and experience align to this opportunity.
Applications close 11pm on Friday, 19 November 2021
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer: Blueprint Institute via Pro Bono Australia.