About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to work for the national peak body for volunteering and share your knowledge and expertise of online communications.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, you will be responsible for creating content for VA’s online assets including the website, social media platforms and e-newsletters to lead, strengthen and celebrate volunteering in Australia.
As a member of the VA Communications Team, you will have the unique opportunity to help lead Australia’s largest annual celebration of volunteers, National Volunteer Week.
If you have a passion for all things digital, enjoy being creative and designing online content in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, apply now.
Ideally the Communications Officer will be based in Canberra, however applicants outside the Canberra region will be considered.
Applicants must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or have a suitable visa that allows permanent work in Australia in order to apply for this position.
The position is full time, although part-time hours can be negotiated.
- Great opportunity to work with a highly influential national peak body
- Competitive remuneration package, including salary packaging options
- Family friendly workplace and flexible hours
- Design and create content for VA’s online assets including the website, social media and e-newsletters.
- Monitor VA’s social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram).
- Coordinate the regular distribution of an e-newsletter.
- Assist with the maintenance of the VA website.
- Monitor online media relevant to the work of Volunteering Australia and the sector.
- Assist with the National Marketing and Communications Network.
- Assist with the implementation of National Volunteer Week including campaign development and creation of resources.
- Assist with the implementation of campaigns to align and promote national initiatives including International Volunteer Day, International Volunteer Managers Day and National Student Volunteer Week.
- Assist with the implementation of communication plans for key national projects.
- Assist with the management of the media inbox.
- Other relevant duties as required.
SELECTION CRITERIA ESSENTIAL:
- An undergraduate qualification in communications, marketing, journalism, digital media or, an equivalent combination of training or experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in, managing social media profiles and websites.
- Proficiency and/or experience with writing and editing content.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to organise and plan, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- High level IT skills, including Microsoft Office.
SELECTION CRITERIA DESIRABLE:
- Experience in a communications or marketing role.
- Good design and layout skills with proficiency in producing artwork.
- Experience in CRM systems and Website Content Management.
- Experience in digital communications and innovation, including social media and media campaigns across platforms including WordPress, Hootsuite, and MailChimp.
$64,000 – $80,000 (SCHADS AWARD Level 3.0 to 4.0), depending on experience, plus superannuation and salary packaging benefits.
About the organisation
Volunteering Australia (VA) is the national peak body for volunteering working to advance volunteering in the Australian community. Our vision is for a strong, connected, and resilient Australian community through volunteering.
How to apply
Applications should include:
- a cover letter of no more than 2 pages addressing the selection criteria;
- a copy of your resume; and
- the names and contact details of two work related referees.
Submit applications addressed to Mr Mark Pearce by 9:00am AEDT on Thursday 2 December 2021.
Please quote in application: Communications Officer via Pro Bono Australia.