About the role
ACON is Australia’s largest health organisation specialising in community health, inclusion and
HIV responses for people of diverse sexualities and genders.
Community Health Promotion Officer – Asian Gay, Bi+, Queer Men
- Full-Time Ongoing Position
- Work to improve the health and wellbeing of gay, bi+ and queer men of Asian Cultural Backgrounds (trans and cis) in greater Sydney.
- Perfect entry opportunity for those who are looking to work in community health!
- Join a diverse and passionate team that works hard to create change for our communities
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who is passionate about using their lived and professional experience to improve the sexual health and wellbeing of gay, bi+ and queer men of Asian cultural background (trans and cis) across NSW.
This role is responsible for:
- Running workshops and events which support the health needs of Asian gay, bi+ and queer men (trans and cis) living in great Sydney.
- Designing, updating, planning, running and evaluating of a range of health promotion activities such as workshops and forums.
- Support a team of committed and passionate volunteers who work with you to deliver ACON’s health initiatives.
You will be joining a diverse and dynamic team that works hard to improve equity and health outcomes for all within our community. If you are passionate about making a difference and are interested in community health and wellbeing, apply below!
What you will need to apply:
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues and challenges facing Asian gay, bi+ and queer men who have sex with men living in Greater Sydney.
- Experience in peer-group facilitation, training, and/or public speaking.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to work with different styles of communication.
- Computer literacy skills (Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint).
- Good time and project management skills.
- Understanding of and commitment to ACON’s communities, particularly people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Applicants must be able to provide evidence of full and current Covid 19 Vaccination.
Total Remuneration Package: $72,008 to $75,417 includes superannuation and leave loading, commensurate with skills and experience. Salary Packaging up to $30,000 gross up value (i.e. currently up to $15,899 tax free).
If you think this is the job you have been looking for, find out how to apply at www.acon.org.au/jobs.
ACON is an EEO employer. As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, people with HIV, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the organisation
How to apply
All applications must include:
- a completed ACON application form;
- a document addressing the selection criteria (max. 4 pages); and
- your resume (max. 3 pages)
For further information regarding this position and to receive a job information pack, please contact:
Harrison Sarasola on email@example.com.
Applications close Thursday 2nd December 2021.
Please quote in application: Community Health Promotion Officer - Asian Gay, Bi+, Queer Men via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #LGBTIQ