About the role
The Operations Manager (OM) reports to the CEO and is responsible for the leadership of the staff and volunteer team, together with implementation of the business/operational plan, on a part time basis. The OM oversees all the operations delivery by our members association, and provides direction to ensure the organisational growth and wellbeing of our members within the fiscal constraints of the budget. With our team, you liaise with our members and our Aspergers community ensuring we deliver opportunities to connect, receive support, and information that empowers members to realise their own strengths, abilities, dreams and ambitions. We welcome applications from the autistic/Neurodiverse/ LGBTIQA+/ CALD communities for this role. The role does have some after-hours meetings.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the CEO and team to plan, deliver and grow the services, brand and future of AV
- Understand and use sensitive relationship management approaches to support and empower Aspergers autistics
- Prudently oversee AV financial and non-financial resources, including risks, planning, with regular reporting and support for funding growth
- Co-ordinate, plan and design communications, gathering member-relevant information and feedback in an autistic-accessible way
- Support the CEO with systemic advocacy as required including researching, editing and/or presenting submissions.
- Manage HR systems, co-ordinate staff, contractor and volunteer recruitment, training and wellbeing
- Manage staff, volunteers and contractors performance to ensure delivery of strategy, and best practice operational and ethical standards
- Manage organisational reporting and compliance
We’re looking for someone who has a combination of:
- demonstrated high attention to detail in their work
- personal experience, knowledge and understanding of Autistics, Aspergers and/or neurodivergent
- Not for profit or commercial experience and/or managing a membership-based organisation to manage operations, business planning and delivery
- experience with health service delivery helpful
- loves a project plan and has a track record of meeting targets, KPIs, prioritising and co-ordinating and inspiring a team
- solid financial knowledge and experience of budgeting, financial management
- models desired behaviours, with a customer-centric approach, likes to build strong relationships with their peers and Members, and is a great communicator
- brings a calm and empowering approach when working with and supporting people
- can navigate a Google Drive, website and database updates with ease and able to help with communication design
- comfortable with ambiguity and working in an environment without a lot of structure (yet!)
- has a current and valid driver’s licence, a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children
About the organisation
Aspergers Victoria (AV) is the peak body of the Aspergers autistic community. Founded in 1991, we provide empowering support to Aspergers autistics members and their allies using a strengths-based approach so that we build a world where the strengths of all Asperger Autistics are celebrated, realised and valued. Our strategy is focused on delivering social connection and employment inclusion for Aspergers autistics (and similar profiles), throughout their lives and build understanding of those around them, including family, employers and other providers. AV is primarily funded through membership, philanthropy and some Government funding. Our board, staff and volunteers have a unique level of knowledge and understanding gained through lived experience. Further information can be found at www.aspergers.org.au.
How to apply
If this role sounds like it’s perfect for you, please make sure to apply by emailing a copy of your CV and a cover letter explaining why you’d be great at this role to email@example.com
Please quote in application: Community Operations Manager via Pro Bono Australia.