About the role
Caritas Australia supports long-term development programs in impoverished communities in Africa, Asia, Indigenous Australia and the Pacific, helping oppressed people to rediscover their dignity by taking greater control over their lives and overcoming poverty. Caritas Australia is part of a global network of over 200 countries and territories helping people help themselves regardless of ethnicity, religion or political beliefs.
As the global community faces profound political, social, economic, and technological changes, Caritas Australia has developed an ambitious ten year strategy. It is intended to build on their strengths and to take Caritas Australia forward into a future where they will need to be more agile than ever before.
To understand whether they are achieving their mission, Caritas Australia must measure their impact. Caritas Australia are relentlessly focused on transforming and innovating their work.
As a member of the leadership team and reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for driving impact strategy across the organisation. You will head a newly created team responsible for comprehensively understanding and evaluating the impact of Caritas Australia and to ensure their position as a thought leader in support of the agency’s vision and mission.
Additionally you will:
- Build relationships locally and internationally to advance research and advocacy
- Manage the collection of data and report against strategic priorities
- Produce key insights that can easily inform multiple audiences
- Envision and embed creative methods for impact measurement
You are an innovative leader with experience in advocacy, research, measurement, and evaluation, ideally from international development, social change, consulting or like-minded organisation. Additionally you will have:
- Ability to turn impact data into meaningful stories for the organisation
- Strong analytical, evaluation design, and methodological skills
- Expertise in building maintaining effective relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Familiarity managing relationships with large funding organisations
- Tertiary qualifications in International Development, Economics, Communications or related field
If you are passionate about driving transformational and innovative change to magnify impact for impoverished communities, then please apply submitting your cover letter addressing the skills required section above and your CV. Alternatively, please call 02 8243 0570 for more information.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Director of Impact via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development