About the role
You have exceptional community development vision and operational experience in community development and / or an early learning environment. Having a sense of purpose is important to you. You are a highly motivated and inspiring leader who can support an experienced team. You can work autonomously yet understand the importance of a collaborative approach. You have senior leadership experience and excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Communicate and progress the purpose and strategic plan of The Craig Family Centre;
- Manage the day to day operations of The Craig and report to a Committee of Management;
- Create positive and open, professional relationships with the community, families and children;
- Lead development of a community and neighbourhood house plan, supported by Community Programs Coordinator and volunteers;
- Oversee early learning curriculum development, supported by the Children’s Services Educational Leader and Nominated Supervisor;
- Proactively manage business development opportunities to maximise financial sustainability across all programs;
- Ensure compliance with National and State legislation and Exceeds National Quality Standards (ACECQA).
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in community work/ development, early childhood education, business, or other relevant disciplines.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Centre Manager role and / or experience in a similar senior leadership role.
- Experience working at the direction of a community-based Committee of Management / Board
- Applied knowledge in one or more of the following sectors – community services/development and neighbourhood house; management of children’s early learning services
- An understanding of and commitment to the National Quality Standards (NQS), National Regulations and Victorian Early Years Learning Framework (VEYLF).
- Proven ability to inspire, lead and support a team of educators and other program staff
- Experience and ability to develop and maintain budgets
- Extensive experience in managing stakeholder relations
- Qikkids experience desirable
- Current Working with Children’s and Police Checks
- Current driver licence and own motor vehicle.
- Attractive remuneration package
- Optional 9 day fortnight
- Modern, well equipped facilities in a central location
- Dedicated and experienced team of educators and staff including administration support
- Support from an engaged Committee of Management
- Professional development opportunities for you and the team
About the organisation
The Craig Family Centre, Ashburton, VIC
Founded on principles of social equity and inclusion for all, The Craig Family Centre (‘The Craig’) offers a range of programs and services including neighbourhood house and community development, early learning including occasional care, kindergarten and playgroup in the Ashburton area. We are co-located with Access Health and Maternal and Child Health and service integration is a key service delivery feature of our Centre.
As an incorporated association governed by a Committee of Management, the ‘Craig’ is dedicated to providing the very best in early education in a safe and nurturing environment to ensure every child can make a positive start. Our community programs equally thread the same ethos through every stage of life.
The incoming Executive Director has the unique opportunity of creating a community development plan for The Craig – building on our current offering. The ED will be supported by a Community Programs Coordinator, an experienced team of educators in the Children’s Services branch of The Craig, and an experienced administration team.
We strive to ensure that individuals and families of all kinds are respected by, connected with and engaged in our local community.
- We Value Diversity
- We Work Inclusively
- We Are Respectful
- We Are Sustainable
How to apply
To apply or enquire about this role, please send your Cover Letter and Resume to:
Lil Barac-Macey, Chair Craig Family Centre or Bob Stensholt, Secretary Craig Family Centre
Please quote in application: Executive Director via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Development