About the role
Reporting to the General Manager Community, and leading small team, the Fundraising Appeals Manager will be responsible for raising funds to enable vital services to the community through a range of social justice programs and to ensure future growth of Jewish Care. You will lead delivery of fundraising projects including the annual appeals program, monthly giving and fundraising events.
In this important and diverse role, you will develop integrated fundraising campaigns to retain, upgrade and further engage current donors, and acquire new donors. The Fundraising Appeals Manager will implement innovative and engaging fundraising tactics to deepen donor engagement and increase lifetime value, manage the calendar of appeals and other fundraising communications and develop donor journeys and production schedules. Additionally, you will have three direct reports, oversee the management of Jewish Care’s donor database (Raiser’s Edge), monitor budgets and results and generate relevant campaign and financial reports.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated experience in creating and executing direct mail appeals is essential, along with strong copy writing skills relating to fundraising appeals.
- You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build influential relationships, advise and liaise across all levels both internally and externally.
- You will be a strategic thinker, proactive ‘doer’ and collaborative team player with high levels of creativity and attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to motivate, inspire and lead staff to ensure high performance, and revenue targets and non-financial deliverables are met in a timely and effective manner.
- The ability to analyse data to drive campaign success and manage budgets.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a fundraising appeals or direct marketing management role
- FIA or ADMA Certificate or Diploma in Fundraising is highly regarded.
- Alignment with Jewish Care’s vision, purpose and values and a desire to support the Jewish community of Victoria.
Jewish Care are committed to providing ongoing training and professional development opportunities, a high standard of professional and personal support, flexibility and salary packaging options.
Jewish Care employ staff from all cultural and religious backgrounds, proudly celebrate and warmly welcome the rich diversity of their community and strive to be inclusive for all, including the LGBTI+ community. Jewish Care acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders as the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we live and work.
APPLY NOW if you are a passionate and motivated fundraising leader with proven success in managing appeals, fundraising campaigns and & income growth, plus alignment to Jewish Care’s values – Respect, Inclusion, Community and Social Responsibility.
Gembridge is partnering with Jewish Care Victoria.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Jenni D’Orival or Michelle Varcoe on 03 8375 9661.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Fundraising Appeals Manager via Pro Bono Australia.