About the organisation
BPD Community is a grassroots, peer-led and independent organisation and we aim to meet the missing middle in the mental health system. Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is a serious and complex mental illness. BPD Community has a mission to replace stigma and discrimination with hope and optimism for people with lived experience of BPD. For more information visit bpdcommunity.com.au
About the role
Reporting to and working with the Executive Officer, your tasks would be to:
- plan and implement the short and long term funding program;
- ensure core capacity funding continues and programmatic funding begins;
- develop a donor strategy and implement the donor stewardship program;
- research and pilot a planned approach to generating income through delivery and licensing innovative and creative psychoeducation/training programs;
- build pro bono and volunteer contributions;
- develop and implement a marketing and events program.
You will have the personal qualities to show leadership and contribute to a dynamic, innovative and creative organisation. Lived experience of BPD (consumer or carer) is desirable. Commitment to BPD Community’s values and strategic plan is essential.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Tertiary qualifications or experience in a related discipline with fundraising, marketing and events management well regarded;
- An ongoing commitment to professional development particularly in respect to achieving the CFRE credential; membership of FIA, AMI, or similar association well regarded;
- Proven success delivering revenue growth; demonstrated record of securing philanthropic gifts and other financial support including sponsorships, partnerships and the like;
- Experience in working with and developing strong relationships with a broad range of stakeholders including all levels of govt, community based mental health and Wellbeing organisations, clinical services, other NGO’s and research institutions.
- Proven success in influencing stakeholders in a sensitive manner; strong networking skills;
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to multi-task / time manage and to deliver successful outcomes on a variety of projects concurrently;
- Demonstrated competence in the use of MS Office suite, Outlook, Social media, computer and internet literacy;
- The ability to work safely and effectively from home.
Perks and Benefits:
- A flexible, collaborative and supportive work environment
- The opportunity to contribute to creating real change in the lives of people
- Working within a soundly governed, values driven organisation
- The opportunity to grow into the role as the organisation grows
- Working within a diverse community, close knit, hands on and dedicated
BPD Community is ready to launch ourselves to the next level, do you want to join us?
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Fundraising Manager via Pro Bono Australia.