About the role
The General Manager Corporate Services leads six functional areas to support the organisation to ensure the best people, resources, systems, processes, infrastructure, organisational structure, and culture are in place to achieve success. It is an executive role that takes the lead in risk management and is responsible for the development and delivery of specific objectives and priorities in the strategic plan. The role acts as the Child Safe Officer and provides high level support and advice for the organisations privacy obligations.
- Leading a team currently comprising of 29 staff with a total of 21.33 EFT, including senior staff in Finance, HR, IT, IM, Administration and operations to deliver a well-co-ordinated corporate services group that supports a sustainable and agile organisation.
- The development and delivery of high quality and efficient business systems and services, including the organisations risk management system that enable continuous quality improvement and support a sustainable and agile agency.
- Providing the Board of Management and its designated sub-committees (e.g., the Finance Audit and Risk Management Committee) and senior managers with accurate and timely financial and business information and advice to support effective strategic and operational decision-making and to enable compliance with all legal, accounting, and statutory regulations and standards and contractual obligations.
- The development and implementation of organisational and human resources systems and processes to attract, reward, retain and develop skilled and experienced staff.
- Collaborating with senior colleagues to create a high performing, innovative and ethical organisational culture which delivers positive outcomes for clients, their communities, and other key stakeholders.
- We are seeking a strong, effective and collaborative leader with excellent relationship building skills and capable of leading others to deliver an acceptable division and team.
- Proven experience in strategic planning and effective executive decision making.
- Strong knowledge of business planning tools, systems, and processes.
- Background of a range of human resource theories and practices including understanding of industrial relations issues and compliance responsibilities.
- A proven track record of leading and managing change and delivering measurable results.
- A proven track record in working collegially with senior executive groups.
- A sound appreciation of the socio-political environment in which the VFST operates.
This role is a full time, permanent position, and a generous salary package and benefits will be offered to the successful candidate, commensurate with experience, skill level, and qualifications. In addition, attractive PBI/Not-for-profit Salary Packaging is also available.
Conditional employment requirements
- Satisfactory Police Check
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Driver’s Licence
- COVID-19 vaccination*
- Proof of the right to work and live in Australia.
* In accordance with the recent Directions from Chief Health Officer in accordance with emergency powers arising from declared state of emergency, COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions (No 7), Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic), Foundation House must comply with employer obligations regarding mandatory COVID 19 vaccinations for authorised workers. If you are to be successful in gaining employment with Foundation House, you will be required to provide evidence of your COVID 19 vaccination for work at our sites after 26 November 2021.
Foundation House is committed to promoting and protecting the interests and safety of children and actively plays a part in combating family violence; this is reflected in our organisational policies, protocols and staff development.
Foundation House is an equal opportunity employer.
About the organisation
The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. (also known as Foundation House) is not-for-profit organisation providing services to advance the health, wellbeing, and human rights of people of refugee backgrounds in Victoria who have experienced torture or other traumatic events in their country of origin or while fleeing those countries. The organisation was established in Melbourne in 1987 and is non-denominational, politically neutral, and non-aligned. Foundation House is a state-wide agency offering services in metropolitan, regional and rural areas, with head office based in Brunswick. We have approximately 200 staff with metropolitan regional offices in Dallas, Sunshine, Dandenong, and Ringwood.
How to apply
Applications for this position close COB Monday 6 Dec 2021
Applicants must submit their resume and address the key selection criteria (KSC) contained in the Position Description.
Please ensure you submit your KSC as part of your cover letter as you can only upload 2 documents.
For any enquiries regarding the position please contact Samantha Laird on 0408 503 197.
Please quote in application: General Manager Corporate Services via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Support_Services, #Families, #Mental_Health, #Youth_and_Young_People