About the role
- Two Positions Available – Maximum term until June 2022
- 1 Full time position, 38 hours per week
- 1 Part time position, 19 hours per week
- Kalgoorlie, WA Location
About the role
The responsibility of the Housing Caseworker is to support in the provision of housing, homelessness and tenancy support and advocacy, to families and individuals living in private rental accommodation, community, and government housing, or to those vulnerable to or experiencing homelessness.
This role requires staff to be multi-skilled and flexible, with a well-developed understanding of the issues and service needs relevant to the varying and vulnerable client groups. The position requires the use of excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills, including excellent interpersonal skills.
Whilst addressing all aspects of homelessness this role will specialise in supports for those in private,
community and government rental accommodation, individuals newly arrived in Australia and older adults at risk of homelessness.
What you will bring
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in homelessness, community housing sector, or property related industry ensuring familiarity with housing/tenancy practices and procedures.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- In depth knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act WA
- Knowledge of relevant Real Estate platforms including Lease Eagle will be an advantage
- Knowledge of property management will be an advantage
- Excellent understanding of key issues affecting the homeless community
- Full unrestricted WA driving license
Why work with us?
Work for a purpose and know that your work will contribute to better outcomes for vulnerable people and communities.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take-home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
About the organisation
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian movements seeking to build a better society based on people helping people.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Housing Caseworker via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing