About the role
- 12 months Full time- Fixed Term Contract
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
- Based in Liverpool, immediate start
To deliver relevant and comprehensive information to HSP clients via several channels including but not limited to classroom-based information sessions, and relevant activities. The role involves travel including driving to different locations, walking with clients, standing for extended periods e.g., while delivering orientation session(s), preparing, and carrying resources for each orientation sessions and setting up orientation room for each session.
- Work with HSP Case Managers to establish, plan, and design tailored orientation services for HSP clients
- Contact clients and remind them to attend orientation sessions.
- Deliver regular client orientation sessions and activities in accordance with HSPs policy and procedures.
- Assess client’s Orientation services outcomes in collaboration with HSP Case Managers, namely knowledge and knowledge application.
- Work with partners and guest speakers to support the content and delivery of orientation Sessions
- Ensure HSP clients complete assessment forms at each session or event
- Maintain orientation information resources that are relevant and appropriate to HSP clients
- Utilise internal database (eg. CSNet) and complete hard copy data and forms to ensure accurate, timely and comprehensive records that reflect SSI Policy and Procedure.
- Document outcome of HSP client’s complete assessment forms at each session or event
- Liaise with MRC and other partners, in consultation with the Team Leader, to effectively administer the client orientation program
- Assist in running activities and tasks that contribute to HSP Orientation Program outcomes in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- You will need to be able to speak read and write in Dari/ Hazargi /Pushto whilst also being proficient in written and spoken English
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications
- Ability to build rapport
- Time management skills
- Ability to manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of refugee settlement process
- Travel is required
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth
- Access to our in-house wellbeing programs, three days of culture and well-being leave
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with children and young people as well as people with refugee and asylum-seeking background, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, people with disability and more to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality.
How to apply
Hit Apply Now and submit your application today!
SSI is a Disability Confident Recruiter and will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. We encourage people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position and support applications from our First Nations People.
At SSI we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation, where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialist will guide you through our process an d next steps. If you require a reasonable adjustment during our recruitment process, please contact Sarah Abdelhady on 0402 771 390 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
SSI requires all employees to have received the required doses of Covid-19 Vaccination as a condition of ongoing employment.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including reference checks, confirmation of COVID-19 vaccination via digital certificate, WWCC, a Criminal History Check and NDIS Screening check (if applicable) as a reasonable condition of employment.
Please quote in application: HSP Orientation Trainer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Families, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development