About the role
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Australia is a national not-for-profit organisation focused on mental health training and research. MHFA courses teach members of the public how to provide initial help to a person who is developing a mental health problem, experiencing a worsening of an existing mental health problem, or in a mental health crisis. The first aid is given until appropriate professional help is received, or the crisis resolves.
COVID-19 has presented immense challenges for the community, and the continued dissemination of their evidence-based courses into the community has never been more important.
Two Manager positions involving MHFA’s instructors are available. The roles are closely aligned and report to the Director, Program Delivery & Quality.
The Manager Instructor Training will lead a team of professional staff to plan and deliver MHFA Australia’s annual program of Instructor Training Courses nationally.
The Manager Instructor Development is accountable for the development, support and retention of MHFA’s Instructors throughout the term of their relationship with MHFA following completion of Instructor Training.
Key responsibilities across these roles:
- Lead, develop, engage and support the Instructor Training Course Delivery Team
- Manage the process of placement of approved Instructor Course applicants onto scheduled Instructor courses
- Ensure all approved applicants demonstrate the skills and attributes to successfully complete Instructor training and to meet and adhere to ongoing quality and compliance standards.
- Proactively manage relationships with MHFA Trainers to ensure that Trainers are well informed and adequately supported at all times
- Provision of ongoing support and development guidance to Instructors on course delivery, accreditation and quality matters
- Oversee the process of course scheduling and adjustments, venue bookings, participant communications, course delivery, administration and follow up
- Develop and cultivate an active and engaged Community of Practice for accredited MHFA Instructors
With a commitment to evidence-based practice in mental health, you have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Mental Health, Adult Learning, Human Resource Management (or another relevant discipline), or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of mental illnesses and mental health services
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the development and delivery of adult education curriculum materials
- Ability to plan, organise, coordinate, problem solve and analyse to a high standard
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and make recommendations for improvements
On offer is a very competitive remuneration package, offered as a full-time ongoing position. In addition, attractive PBI/NFP packaging is available along with flexible working arrangements.
If you have exceptional skills in the above areas and are looking for a new and exciting challenge, please make an application by clicking the ‘Apply’ tab below to submit your resume and cover letter in Word format. To confidentially discuss this role further, please feel free to call Justin Curreen-Harris (03 9946 7302) or Carly Goff (0472 511 731) from Johnson Recruitment.
This is a retained, exclusive assignment and any direct applications or referrals will be forwarded to Johnson Recruitment.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Manager Instructor Development/Training Courses via Pro Bono Australia.